Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

IMPERIAL SIN

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IMPERIAL SIN

Post by TitanSeraph on Sat 10 Jan 2015, 11:15 am

The galaxy:

Rendered galaxy attempt:

First time I've made galaxy stuff in photoshop, pretty happy with it :D

And some logos!

Here is a section of the player with the "yellow" nation's color.
Each solar systems' representations are provided with an inner circle which indicates wealth, space for modules, and the planets within - as well as which other systems' FTL anomalies are connected.

Imperial Sin's systems are all inter connected with a strange anomaly which allows to go from one system to the other through the use of those funnels. However, dark space is found extremely anomalous and damaging, rendering all other forms of FTL impossible to use.

The use of the funnels require maintenance, repairs and refuels on the ships used, meaning that typically, a ship will be able to go safely through systems until it rquires to go through a repair/refuel station/structure equiped system.

Teleportation systems do work in Imperial Sin, but only within the system, or through the use of the anomalous funnels.
TitanSeraph
Initiate
Initiate

http://www.madomm.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: IMPERIAL SIN

Post by TitanSeraph on Tue 03 Feb 2015, 5:55 pm

NEW STUFF!

Spoiler:

The Heakiin are a specie of elven-like humanoids.
One of the NPC species/nations of Imperial Sin
Due to catastrophic results of a technological and capitalist growth and development which lead them to near extinction due to AIs and ecological collapse, the Heakiins developed in a very original, and different manner.

Producing organic, symbiotic "frames" of various types, in which a single, or several heakiin body would be implaced. The bodies act as vehicle, safety, life support and so on, and are PURELY biological and organic. Said organic shells can feed off most types of gases and sunlight for energy, and minerals for structure.

And so, they went on the colonise the stars. Heading into their anomaly to Sinaris.

1)
Sirrocco: The thing get's to it's goal position, then unfurls, rips open and spreads, sections and parts added, and it growing, terraforming and setting up structure bases. Between 50 and 90 meters in length. Sirroccos can be found sometimes in "hollowed" versions, transporting ressources in it's innards as well as bulbous "sacs" around it's structure.

2)
"Leviathan" warship. The thing travels forth, feeding on solar rays and minerals, and is able to deploy drones and laser carriers. Fires biobeams, and biological bombs and weapons. The "ring" projects an anomaly extending and balancing stream which allows the Heakiin ships to pass through anomalies safely. Leviathans are required for Heakiins to get through anomalies. 300-800 meters in length.

3)
"Holberg" science / diplomacy / sensor / long range comms / command / analysis craft.  The holberg serves many purposes, and is the strangest.  With both a mineral and organic hull, and it's irregular dimensions. They are typically 90 meters long, but older variants have been seen up to 300 meters in length.

4)
"Drones". Miners, builders and repairers. Multiple tentacles and moderate psychic aptitudes. 

5)
"Breaker": A droneship which is armed with a large bio laser, mass driver, or other forms of weapons. These tend to be deployed, instead of using turrets.

6)
"Tank": On four legs, organic, and armed with blade like tentacles, bee like drones and a big bio-energy beamer.

7)
Troopers:  Heakiins in an armored symbiosuit. Can function in most athmospheres, vaccums and deep under water.

Cool Trooper mounting the typical biobeamer 

9) infantry weapon. Fires a focused stream of energy towards targets. Can also fire chittin shells filled with biological warfare weaponary. Some variants have been seen looking the exact same, but functioning as a regular kinetic damage weapon, propelling shards of sharp chittin towards targets.

10) Scourge heavy bioweapon - a mostly organic "rocket launcher" which fires clusters of moth like projects carrying a variety of explosive types. They can also fire single "big bio-missiles" of the explosive and chemical warfare category.

Imperial Sin's map system!
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2015/032/1/5/sinaris_by_madcomm-d8g8leg.swf
TitanSeraph
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aumnivers on Thu 05 Feb 2015, 7:44 am

I have to say, that map is pretty fantastic.  The cel shading on the icons is nice, too, and the Heakiin sound !!FUN!!  About as fun as an army of Tleilaxu facedancers - which is very !!FUN!! indeed, in a where-are-my-guts-oh-they're-on-the-floor kind of way.  Liking the biotech; one does not see that every day, although I'm slightly disappointed in that it seems to be mostly cosmetic.

I'm vaguely confused by the Battle Station, which looks like a turret welded on top of another turret - like something you'd find in some kind of Russian tank museum.
please don't tell me that neo-soviets have conquered all of space now

Jokes aside, the actual galaxy looks... I don't know how to put it.  Blurred and lacking in depth/vibrance?  The Trading icon seems to be half a wash of yellow, as well.  Otherwise, it's cool.
Aumnivers
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TitanSeraph on Fri 06 Feb 2015, 3:25 am

The biotech is more than cosmetic Very Happy

As for the icons, they're just here to be recognisable - every player nations' battle stations would probably be different, and same for the other icons, so I just slapped turrets on top of each others.

The issue with the galaxy was because when I made it, I had exported it at a too low resolution, and hadn't saved the photoshop file... And heinously regretting this colossal mistake.

It may be due to alpha, but the trading icon is actually several simple coins.

As for the galaxy, it is my first one, so I'll give it a go again soon.
TitanSeraph
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top