Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

Things

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Things

Post by Travis on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 3:43 pm

I'd prefer an image less royal and glorious than the one that BTK is envisioning, personally.

Today I watched a movie on netflix called "War of the Worlds: Goliath". Steampunk/dieselpunk sci fi, sure...but it does have all of the elements we're looking at and somewhat close what I myself was envisioning for this for the most part when I popped onto here, if you take away the martians and heat rays that is >.> (...and take away the diesel part...unless we want to use that too)
Its staged in the WWI era sure, and albeit with some alien technology in use, but I found it quite a bit relevant to this collab due to the style it has.

Airships in that were large command ships/carriers/battleships deploying groups of walkers, walkers were bristling with a myriad of weapons.

PleasenoWW3, the tech of the stated era (By accel) would chance the feel completely.
Travis
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Sat 04 Oct 2014, 1:55 pm

boop
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Imafighter on Sat 04 Oct 2014, 2:53 pm

Steampunk WW1/2. Would be interesting if it was focused on air combat, like Last Exile, if anybody has seen that.

Imafighter
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr One on Sat 04 Oct 2014, 5:06 pm

We can have all these elements and more in the RP that way we have stuff everyone wants Very Happy
Mr One

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Sat 04 Oct 2014, 5:34 pm

Travis wrote:

Stop modifying rockets you goofball.

>:CCCCCCCC

Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

http://freesource.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis on Thu 09 Oct 2014, 1:33 pm

Liiive collab, liiiive :C
Do we have enough for this to get rolling?
Travis
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr One on Thu 09 Oct 2014, 3:00 pm

I think se we just need a CS and then a plot XD
Mr One

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 12:08 am

I forgot this didn't start yet...
For CS, what all do we need that isn't the standard name/age/gender/appearance stuff?
Travis
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Fri 17 Oct 2014, 12:22 am

Plot was going to be centered around a French Resistance group going for a Prototype blimp, meant to win the war.
We should agree on a year as well... maybe like 1950~ ish. About 10 years of war... maybe 1952-3, with the timeline splitting off from normal before the Americans got militarily involved.
The first flying blimps and stuff being made in 1944, giving about ten years of progression and heavy focus in the new aspect of war.

Maybe around the start of 1950 people started buckling down on the ground with the new fight starting in the air. From that point, given two or three years of dedicated construction, the German Leviathan Blimp would be hitting potential launch stages.

The CS is rather simple, really...

Name:
Affiliation: [French Resistance, Polish Resistance, USA, UK, Wehrmacht, Nazis, etc.] 
Nationality*:
Home Province*:
Physical Appearance:
Attire[Including Armor]:
Weaponry*:
Other Inventory*:
Biography*: [A short bio describing, at the least, how they got in Paris, France]

Yes, this RP will be taking place in Paris. A bit cliche`, but it's for the best in the sense of simplicity.
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Acceleradiant on Sat 18 Oct 2014, 11:17 am

@BTK: Will there still be mechs/walkers?

As for the CS, everything seems to be good so far.
Acceleradiant

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Sat 18 Oct 2014, 2:13 pm

I believe that was addressed earlier; an alpha-stage walker would be inside the massive blimp, still undergoing research with plenty of blueprints and potential fixes to its problems aboard the flying leviathan.
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 12:12 pm

.o.
So the walker comes in later...alright.
CS covers everything I can think of that would be important to know for an RP such as this at least, though I notice that we can be on the german's side...Gawd this could go wrong in so many terrible excellent ways
Travis
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 12:47 pm

Hue, yeah; I felt like some people might not want to be French Resistance, so I decided to have it a little bit more open. However, you are required to be in France; as per bio
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Acceleradiant on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 3:19 pm

I was imagining the walker could be quadrupedal instead of bipedal. I'm assuming it has to have a slightly smaller form factor to fit inside the airship that's going to be hijacked.
Acceleradiant

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr One on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 5:08 pm

WTF I made a post and it's vanished?

Also the airship will be of absolute massive proportions. It has to be after as it's housing new technology the Germans are creating. A flying fortress more or less. And as the war goes on, bigger and more powerful creations will emerge. A simple mech not much bigger than a human will be there to begin with.

Then years later.. MONSTERS!

Mr One

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 5:45 pm

...Third image didn't show up.
But the second seems more like the "simple mech" First one is like, all enclose adn shiz.
;P nit picking.

Anyhow, I think it should be Bipedal; they're faster and one of the most defining tactics of Nazi Germany is the Blitzkrieg, so my brain was thinking these mechas would be under research and future mass-production to make another blitzkrieg meant, once again, to change the war.

Does anyone want to start working on the post itself? Any other thing someone wants in or clarification on?
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 10:34 pm

...Bipedal, I don't like quad walkers and quads are ALWAYS shown as very very slow, which wouldn't fit together well with German development as BTK said.
A massive airship would be an interesting thing to see, a floating battleship that's actually better armed and mildly armored against lighter munitions to protect it from the weaknesses that plagued the airships in WWI. Albeit this wouldn't be the most realistic...then again, steampunk WWII, its not all that realistic to begin with...It probably wouldn't look ENTIRELY like real airships since quite frankly, it'd be hard to make a formidable craft with only the gondola under a giant balloon even with realism waved off.

Post start...I've kinda got writers block atm ;o; , not sure I can write something satisfactory.
Travis
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Thu 23 Oct 2014, 2:26 am

I was thinking along the lines of like; a massive blimp, with a ramming scoop/head at one tip with an armored exoskeleton hosting a boat-load of internal propellors and helium stuff. Or maybe a staple point in making our steampunk steampunk is through an element that is lighter than helium becoming more abundant. Maybe the tradeoff is that it's highly toxic; anybody here a chemical crazy? get a fancy chemical that's lighter than helium?
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr One on Thu 23 Oct 2014, 3:29 pm

Mr One

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis on Thu 23 Oct 2014, 5:11 pm

Mr One gets what I was thinking of. The picture actually fits better than what I was thinking of honestly >.<
Anyway, I think that we just need the post now, right? Unless we want to flesh out the technology more
Travis
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr One on Thu 23 Oct 2014, 5:57 pm

Well we actually need to post our CS's first XD then I need to make a name for the actual RP and then a thread lol.
Mr One

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Thu 23 Oct 2014, 7:28 pm

I thought making an RP involved having the post first THEN the CS's .3.

I feel like we should define the extents of the tech first; like, are we hitting Tesla weaponry? is chemical warfare still a thing? If mecha's are being developed, how advanced is standard armor? And furthermore, are there smaller suits already made? perhaps for elite forces, like exoskeletons.
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis on Fri 24 Oct 2014, 1:44 pm

Posting sheets before the thread's starter post is made? .-. wat
Chemical warfare MIGHT still exist, but tesla...hn. I'd say sparingly used but existing, lightning guns on everyone might not be the best idea for this if you think about it long enough...
An exoskeleton in steampunk would be mini-mech wouldn't it?
Travis
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Acceleradiant on Fri 24 Oct 2014, 4:43 pm

Travis wrote:lightning guns on everyone might not be the best idea for this
Blitzkrieg gets taken literally?
Acceleradiant

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr One on Fri 24 Oct 2014, 5:40 pm