Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

Skyrimthingy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Skyrimthingy

Post by Vero on Sun 24 Aug 2014, 3:03 pm

Some sort of medievalish fantasy based somewhat off of Skyrim, but only a little bit.

Spoiler:

The Age of Man was marked by a decline in civilization across the lands of Isod. Humans had steadily progressed beyond their tribal origins to create magnificent societies which boasted some of the finest luxuries in the land. However, this suddenly changed when they were introduced to war and Isod was reduced to a battlefield. To understand the current situation of Isod, one must examine the history of the humans to comprehend how Isod became the way it is.

The evolution of mankind took centuries, but it was a relatively quick process, which was surprising considering the pace at which other races had evolved. Human calendars start Year 1 when the orcs and goblins, a fairly sophisticated war-like coupling of races made contact with humanity peacefully. Beforehand, they would consistently raid the hundreds of human tribes that inhabited the plains of Isod, forcing them into unique political bonds to protect each other. When the orcs and goblins made contact, they gave the humans literacy and language which would develop dramatically in the coming centuries. Literacy allowed the humans to write down their unique cultural histories and create cultural identities for which they associated themselves with. Human kingdoms began to slowly rise, though they were weak until the introduction of agriculture by the dwarves, who showed them the complex irrigation techniques they needed on the plains to support their growing kingdoms. Human society truly grew when contact was established with the elves. Humans, with their abundance of silver they had from trade with the dwarves, interested elven society and caused widespread trade between both races. Humans would develop tremendously and live peacefully until war was given to them by the giants. The Bronze Age leaped into the Iron Age when humans began experimenting with ores to make stronger weapons in order to kill the giants. When the humans triumphed and forced the giants back into the hills, humanity stood at the top of the world, being a large enough threat to even challenge the elves for Isod. Recognizing this threat, the elves launched a preemptive attack on bordering human cities, which infuriated and outraged humanity. In their vengeance, humanity crushed the grand crystal cities of the elves to the ground in a protracted war and brought the extinction of many eleven subspecies. In Year 1483 humanity enslaved the elves, and in their bloodlust they then turned on their most trusted allies, the dwarves, orcs, and goblins. In another war that shook the lands of Isod, only death and destruction was known. A pestilence swept across the land, devouring any unlucky soul that dared to come in it's path. The result of the Great War was devastating, as the goblins retreated into underground caverns, the dwarves were nearly forced to extinction, and the orcs lost all sense of their advanced society and turned into primitive brutes, forced back into the hills like the giants.

However, human leaders weren't satisfied. With all external threats neutralized, they turned on each other, creating massive civil wars that destroyed the mighty human kingdoms. By Year 1603, only one human kingdom stood, a testament of time. Qrand, one of the last of the great human kingdoms, stood against the evil that surrounded it. With the elimination of the elves, dwarves, orcs, and goblins, the evils that they had kept at bay swept forth over the lands of Isod. The man-eating ogres roamed the plains, the giants returned in numbers, primitive human tribes that resorted to cannibalism, and others horrors roamed the lands. The only thing between the races in Qrand and the death around them were the walls of Qrand, which had withstood dozens of sieges and still stood tall. Safety was found here, as all other attempts outside the walls resulted in slaughter of the settlers. Qrand was the last bastion of humanity that stood, and was the last place that held cultural significance for the elves who were enslaved there, though after Year 1615 they were gradually given their freedom. In the current Year 1617, the interior of Qrand has become overcrowded with refugees, and the political tensions within the walls are only held at bay because of the knowledge of what lurks outside the walls.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

http://freesource.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Skyrimthingy

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Sun 24 Aug 2014, 4:07 pm

Looks like all we're missing is a plot to follow...

I'm getting visions of SnK, but that's good. SnK is amazing. 

One of the first ideas that came into my mind was mayhaps a settler-party forming; the largest in a long while. It'd have a buttload of mercenary troops and nobles wanton for glory. It'd allow like, a broad range of player types and a kinda heroic goal.

I'm thinking with a whole bunch of houses, there could be tension within the settler party as they progress; which would be the main problem early on. There would be attacks, sure, but the numbers and general unity would hold them together. Eventually, gloryhounds would begin racing out and ruining impressive stratedgies which begin crippling the party.

I feel this could develop to be something awesome, with people contributing to various controlling Houses or Factions in later RP's. But that's something for another day, methinks
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Sun 24 Aug 2014, 9:03 pm

Btk's right, this reminds me a lot of SnK.

Anyways, I'm up for it as long as we can get some people to join, otherwise it's not worth the time.
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr One on Mon 25 Aug 2014, 1:24 pm

Reminds me of a VERY old RP I was in some years back.
Mr One

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Mon 25 Aug 2014, 4:23 pm

We mostly need people to CONFIRM their envolvement in the RP.
It'd also be handy if you left some information to more directly contact you.

No, do not tell me 'oh, check my 'x' ', link it here you lazy bastards. I'm sure you can find your own contact info faster than I can...
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Wed 27 Aug 2014, 4:54 pm

Problem is people say they'll join, but when the times comes for them to bat they don't step up to the plate.
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Wed 27 Aug 2014, 6:24 pm

That's why I need contact information :I
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Wed 27 Aug 2014, 6:39 pm

Well you and Os have me on Steam, House and Goat have me on Skype.
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Thu 28 Aug 2014, 9:24 pm

Contact information won't help that much. >:C

They'll only truly be participating if they've actively dug up the motion to participate in the RP themselves, not if someone consistently just pesters them about it.

I'd rather a RPer be actually there rather than just forced to be there because somebody is bothering them.

Contact information is nice; however, it's their choice on what they want to do.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

http://freesource.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum