Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

AIGHT SO I JUST WATCHED DESOLATION OF SMAUG

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: AIGHT SO I JUST WATCHED DESOLATION OF SMAUG

Post by Saxi on Sun 29 Jun 2014, 11:16 pm

i got tharamel ill work on it tomorrow
Saxi

http://bluesykitten.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stereo on Sun 29 Jun 2014, 11:31 pm

Yeah, put up whatever you get together in the next day or so, don't try and force it all out today.
Stereo
Board Representative
Board Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Mon 30 Jun 2014, 9:12 am

Oniril WIP:
Oniril, home of goblins and orcs and sandfolk; all beasts in the eyes of other civilizations.
There are few, if any, walled and especially fortified locations in the hot dunes of Oniril. Most of the races find it easier to survive if they simply remain mobile; a civilization made of caravans, wagons, and yurts.
They have to be mobile, for there is a beast that rules the dunes; a serpent, more like a worm than any heroic tale of dragons and drakes.
Its head is crescent shaped; made to cut through the sand with ease, and eyes on either side of the long moon-shape. Eyes the color of embers...
Its body is an untold length, with its width a more slender size. It is not said, whether it has arms or legs.
But its breath is what all fear.
It does not spew fire, or ice or lightning like the dragons of tales and knights. It spews forth a yellow, a sickening yellow; both in color and smell. The breath swirls and dissipates in a crude and unkind fashion, with brutal affects.
It erodes armor as though it has seen a million years; even Dwarfish craft falling apart to rust and time. And then it moves onto cloth, unruling or even catching fire, before it strikes flesh. Flesh where a truly unsightly appearance occurs.
The skin peels, oft times falling off entirely or simply vanishing into the yellow swirls. And further unto the meat beneath, chewing, eating, then rotting all in a matter of seconds. Bones would return to dust, as would the entirety of the person, if they do not find a way to hide themselves quickly.
Even if they do, however, survive; they will find breathing difficult, and most die coughing up brown blood, blood that comes from every orifice of the body.
Not dragon-fire, not serpent-steam. But a brutal concoction that sates only a beast who desires gold...
The beast itself has scales of muted flesh, with tips that catch the sun and dazzle the eye...

The people who have to suffer beneath such a terrible beast, are beasts themselves. Some would say it is justice, or Holy Writ.
But no creature should have to suffer the fate of history as frail as the words spoken. Walls are useful as sand beneath a tide. And discrimination of which none pity.
Orcs, Goblins, and other Outcasts roam the desert in minute peace. When they bolster to raid their foes, of which they are many, they are only kings for a week.
Then the Beast of Oniril hounds on them, seen on the horizon where it twists and screams in glee of future loot.
Eventually, it reaches the band of kings and devours them. If it feels playful, it will twist and leap over and around the kings, letting their blades and other weapons clatter against its hide. Before stopping the play with a single gulp.

There is a city; it is quite opposite of most castles of cities, however. For it is beneath ground.
A sink-hole hardened into stone and iron; stronger than any walls standing today. And walls around the hole with catapaults, trebuchets, scorpions, and ballistae all set to defend the city if the creature decides to try and take the sink-hole.
It lacks the glory of most castles, it is simply called 'The Gullet'.
All down throughout the Gullet are catwalks and caves made from Orcs, Goblins, and Outcasts.
At the very bottom, some miles down, is a plethura of workshops, a bazaar of sorts.
Its said the most infamous smiths and enchanters work their trade there.

Allasaand The Orc works her smithing there, forging exquisite blades from the iron and metals found in the walls with a massive two-handed hammer. A great forge takes up a good chunk of the Gullet's Bazaar, angering some of the other craftsfolk of the Bazaar. Allasaand acts as the voice of the Orcs in the small council which attempts to keep relative order in the Bazaar.

Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazran on Mon 30 Jun 2014, 6:02 pm

Oslo what are you doing? If you want to do the nation you can, I'll work on one of the other ones.
Kazran
Forumer
Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Wehrmacht Cat on Mon 30 Jun 2014, 6:42 pm

wot

I was already thinking about other things already, go ahead and do Mirania
Wehrmacht Cat
Forumer
Forumer

Back to top Go down