Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

Terror in the sea

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Terror in the sea

Post by Mr One on Sat 21 Jun 2014, 1:41 pm

Zombies on a cruise ship.
Mr One

Back to top Go down

Re: Terror in the sea

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Sat 21 Jun 2014, 5:16 pm

While zombies have been done a bullion times on this site, I'm sure one more couldn't hurt.

Most things have already been done with zombies on a boat; but maybe this could take place near the ends of the pandemic/invasion/apocalypse.

Most RP's take place at the start, with all the bells and whistles that come with that. Maybe this could be more of a late cargo ship; maybe even large enough to support a small population.

Oooor maybe go along the lines of slight-sci-fi with a sort of salvaged ship that could support so many people, there were seperate districts/sections of the boat, tightly packed together.

I'm thinking of this video I saw at one point, had a whole bunch of people sailing[boating? knotting? ohdear] going to an island; but inside the boat was just hundreds of thousands of people, just in these haphazard shanty cubbies, stacked ontop of one another inside the boat.
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr One on Sat 21 Jun 2014, 5:43 pm

Nice ideas Smile mine was a cruise ship. Razz
Mr One

Back to top Go down

Post by Wehrmacht Cat on Sat 21 Jun 2014, 6:04 pm

reminds me of Brink

we could try something like that? anything, really. anything works at this point
Wehrmacht Cat
Forumer
Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr One on Sun 22 Jun 2014, 5:46 am

So any thoughts on which scene to use cause I'm open to them all Smile
Mr One

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Sun 22 Jun 2014, 7:07 am

Could be very brink esque...

Maybe the start of the RP will be the finishing bits of the colony boats; with slums and such all set about a big port.

Maybe the zombie virus, infection, fungus, etc. could be sort of slowed and in rare cases; cured thanks to a very hard to produce antidote. 

Most of the antidote would be distributed among the populace to important members, but vagabonds would sometimes raid the supplies to distribute among the populace?
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr One on Sun 22 Jun 2014, 7:38 am

Hmm so basically we have a giant floating city? Cause that sounds cool. Small breakouts of the infection in slum areas, slowly spreading to the richer parts before full on epidemic?
Mr One

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Sun 22 Jun 2014, 8:05 am

Not so much a giant floating city right off the bat.

Thinking the RP will start on the mainland with the outbreak getting more and more intense, with about mid RP entering the big colony ships which depart from the port-city that's being slowly over run.

The rich parts of the city would still be more middle-high class citizens, it is still an Apocalypse after all.
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr One on Sun 22 Jun 2014, 8:16 am

Ah I see. So start on land the infection slowly spreading throughout the city until it reaches the port area where a lot of people are evacuating onto the ships. Certainly sounds great Smile

Now onto the virus/zombies. What we gonna be dealing with here.
Mr One

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Sun 22 Jun 2014, 3:55 pm

I am interested.
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Sun 22 Jun 2014, 7:24 pm

I think it shouldn't be the sort of which the virus develops and makes the infected stronger over time like how it has been in previous RP's

I think it should stick to the idea of hardy zeds that don't always move fast. They should be somewhat realistic in the sense of some post-death things such as decomposition and blood flow.

The zombies can 'die' in the sense of all their thickened blood being drained out, though they can still be killed with a blow to the head.
But; only if the strike affects the brain stem. Meaning simply shattering the skull with a baseball bat is no longer an instant kill.
Though, it will put the zombie down for awhile as the infection reboots its connection to the rest of the body from the shock.

The infection itself should be very parasitic. A zombie's main focus is to provide food for the parasite and transmit the parasite to a new host to further the food source.
The Zeds won't typically eat humans entirely, a few bites but no massive chunks of flesh ripped out. Animals are seen more as base food to be consumed to keep the body from decomposing too much.

Not sure how we want the infection itself to be; I know I said parasite before, but it could just as easily be bacteria or a virus or a pathogen.
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Sun 22 Jun 2014, 8:57 pm

I was just thinking, it could be more of a mentality than anything else. By that I mean we can have people driven to cannibalism over a mysterious 'event', not by infection or straight up living dead zombies.

I was thinking on that of taking this to a more sci-fi setting and having it on a mining colony sometime during a war between two powers. Outpost on the planet goes dark, reinforcements are sent in, of that few survive and call in support.

You kind of get where that one is going.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

http://freesource.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Sun 22 Jun 2014, 9:02 pm

Aziagarth wrote:I was just thinking, it could be more of a mentality than anything else. By that I mean we can have people driven to cannibalism over a mysterious 'event', not by infection or straight up living dead zombies.

I was thinking on that of taking this to a more sci-fi setting and having it on a mining colony sometime during a war between two powers. Outpost on the planet goes dark, reinforcements are sent in, of that few survive and call in support.

I feel like that should be a totally different RP.

That one focuses more on Horror aspect while this zombie one is almost completely Survival
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Sun 22 Jun 2014, 9:04 pm

Keval wrote:
Aziagarth wrote:I was just thinking, it could be more of a mentality than anything else. By that I mean we can have people driven to cannibalism over a mysterious 'event', not by infection or straight up living dead zombies.

I feel like that should be a totally different RP.

That one focuses more on Horror aspect while this zombie one is almost completely Survival

I'd say that it combines both horror and survival, y'know. Outposts only come with a certain amount of supplies, and if you're living in an atmosphere like the one I described I don't think anyone would risk their skin to resupply you if they knew there was a high possibility of getting eaten alive by other people.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Sun 22 Jun 2014, 9:23 pm

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea you're proposing, but I don't think they're close enough in terms of setting and plot to replace the primary suggestion in this collab.
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Sun 22 Jun 2014, 9:24 pm

That's true.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Sun 22 Jun 2014, 10:08 pm

Have to agree; it's a pretty interesting concept. Though, should be in a different collab thread entirely, I mean; the initial starting thought was a zed infestation on a boat...
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Sun 22 Jun 2014, 10:38 pm

Just trying to play off some sort of creativity and maybe broaden horizons.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wehrmacht Cat on Sun 22 Jun 2014, 11:18 pm

let's just do both, that sounds perfectly reasonable to me

should we erect some piratepad or somethin'
Wehrmacht Cat
Forumer
Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Mon 23 Jun 2014, 12:02 am

I haven't had much luck with piratepads...
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr One on Mon 23 Jun 2014, 1:47 pm

Indeed that in itself can be a whole new collab/RP because that way we have TWO new RP's for people to join instead of one ^_^

I was thinking RNA virus, seeing as RNA IS a ubiquitous family of large biological molecules that perform multiple vital roles in the coding, decoding, regulation, and expression of genes. So it would make sense no? Thank god I'm a zombie expert Razz
Mr One

Back to top Go down

Post by Wehrmacht Cat on Mon 23 Jun 2014, 2:37 pm

yes, let us be sensible about this

in the meantime, let's throw in some sort of class conflict of asshole rich people and asshole poor people, as is necessary for any dystopia
Wehrmacht Cat
Forumer
Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Mon 23 Jun 2014, 3:33 pm

ithought
RNAwasjustinmosteveryvirusoutthere

RNA is the product of DNA; RNA is sent out as messengers of the cell. Then they either make protein or use some other thing to make protein to make more bits of cells. I can't remember rightly off the top of my head.

I don't think we're going to need to get too technical innit like whether or not the virus starts off with RNA or DNA. As RNA, I believe, is more random; like the flu as it changes very frequently. 
DNA start off's are more likely to stay the same.

Ofc, this information is rather redundant outside of fluff and for bio-geeks like me. Though, it does intensely affect the way the virus will act, if we want to get as super biotechnical as to what DNA [or something else] is inside the Virus.

Anyhow, onto OS. I was thinking that maybe it would be a shit ton of military persons trying to keep things right and insanely organized. It'd be very strict and utilitarian; but it would also be a very safe place.
While the slums would be very slummy, where there would be rampant crime and such.
Menial patrols from the more sophisticated society would try to quell the more violent spots, but most of the resources would have to be spent on defending the ever increasing threat of the zamboozles.
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stereo on Mon 23 Jun 2014, 4:26 pm

If anyone really wanted to, I could put something together for this. NOTD has given me a lot of ideas, some of which I have tried (With no success) to put into story.
Stereo
Board Representative
Board Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr One on Mon 23 Jun 2014, 5:32 pm

OH MAN my mind is running with images for the city now.

Can't you just see the zombie horde coming along that bridge Very Happy

Just some ideas..

An outpost perhaps?

Mr One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top