Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

Armored Core/Chrome Hounds-esque RP

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Armored Core/Chrome Hounds-esque RP

Post by Keval on Sun 27 Apr 2014, 5:46 pm

Doesn't have to do with the main plot and stuff, but maybe we could add Infantry support units and smaller armored vehicles (like cars and trucks), straight out Mechs could get stale..
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Sun 27 Apr 2014, 6:31 pm

Well yeah.
That's why you sorry smucks are here... I can't do everything...
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Sun 27 Apr 2014, 6:32 pm

Good point. Would be horrible if you didn't have us plebs as meat shields.
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Sun 27 Apr 2014, 7:52 pm

Ikr, then someone might think I'M the lazy one! AHAHAHAHAHOHAHOHAHEEE

Anyhow; I can give a very basic description of Nu Hildr right now, so you lot have a base to work on...

Nu Hildr is in a solar system of a single blue sun; it's also the only planet in the system.
It's also fairly far from the blue star itself; meaning it is very cold and gets very little sun.

Nu Hildr itself is almost entirely encased in ice; with water primarily being beneath the ground. However; settlements where the space ships have landed have cleared away some of the ice, revealing the rivers and oceans around them; in the best cases, there have been small plains made on the surface thanks to enclosed spaces.

The surface is very flat, with a few sharp spikes of mountains jutting out of the snow and ice. Most creatures dwell beneath the surface, where its warmer and where there is water.
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 6:12 pm

Given how resource intensive the walkers likely are (Just from the joints alone)
Its more then likely there is large amounts of "standard" ground forces.
You would likely not see the normal definition of a tank, but rather "Tank Destroyers"
Along with a general tailoring of designs towards either high mobility or heavy firepower.
In either case, tanks themselves would likely end up altered for better ambush profiles.

Infantry in this case, would likely be more reclined to dealing with smaller targets.
most likely with the role of either bringing in and operating support equipment (such as howitzers).
Though anything that might be to small for the "heavies" (Walkers) would fall to them to deal with.
Interestingly enough though, you might also end up with "super heavy" vehicles as well.
Likely stemming from situations where walkers weren't a viable asset for some reason.

In a sense, here's how things would break down
Walkers/Super Heavy units take care of the "Big" problems
Tanks/Vehicles operate in support roles
Infantry mop up the "small" problems

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 6:33 pm

Yeah that seems the most sense. Plus Infantry would have to be there serving a designated role to search the buildings for tech and stuff like that. Also to deal with other infantry.
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Thu 08 May 2014, 12:35 am

Oslo gave me some ideas and pointed out a few things about the actual part of the RP that mostly matters; the mechs.

I hadn't looked into these "vacuum tubes" but Os says they were rather large; and that the smallest mech utilizing vacuum tubes would be about 30 meters high; Which is roughly the maximum I want a goon-monster to be. 

So, I was thinking that the monster-hunter groups would have more specialized mechs; maybe utilizing little remnants of tech that were hidden in ice formations (Since all organic things, virus or no, are prone to extreme cold; of which Nu Hildr is Very extremely cold)
This would give a sort of uniqueness to the monster hunters, maybe some political intrigue with people holding very special mechs that would be beneficial if cannibalized/reverse engineered.

Vacuum tubes would be used for super-heavy mechs; like mobile gun-platform or heavy builders. While Monster-Hunter groups would be using rare mechs that use tech from when the planet was initially colonized. They defend cities but their tech could possibly be used for better purposes... Making some interesting undertones of descisions: use what is good now, or sacrifice the good to try and make something better.

I imagine this RP will take maybe a hundred or so years after the virus has died down...
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Acceleradiant on Sun 11 May 2014, 12:49 pm

Makes sense so far with what I'm seeing. I'm liking how this is shaping up.
All we just need is a starting point.
ohmygodohmygodohmygod this rp might s- DON'T JINX IT
Acceleradiant

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Sun 11 May 2014, 2:30 pm

Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content