Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

7th legion halcyon clan sheet and 3D SHIIIIIPS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

7th legion halcyon clan sheet and 3D SHIIIIIPS

Post by TitanSeraph on Sat 29 Mar 2014, 8:49 am

And a gift/request to someone
Spoiler:
And my attempt at adoptables
Spoiler:
TitanSeraph
Initiate
Initiate

http://www.madomm.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 7th legion halcyon clan sheet and 3D SHIIIIIPS

Post by Travis on Sat 29 Mar 2014, 2:29 pm

MURIKAT...needs more guns XD
Travis
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Sat 29 Mar 2014, 3:34 pm

All that lore...
Also, in the species information on the left hand, first paragraph, line 8
"...and telepathical) capacities. The halycon specie is..."
Telepathical would be just telepathic
halycon should be capitialized
and specie.
I won't insult your intelligence by pointing that one out.
Still, veru good. Only read the species.

Also, serif... as in... the font on computers? I did a quick google, adimittedly since it stuck out :U
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 29 Mar 2014, 3:44 pm

It sounds like ego stroking. They're honest, they lack greed, they never lie. Their ships ships have few weaknesses, and few can defeat. Highly advanced technobabble technology. It just seems like an angelic god race.

"OH MY GOD THE HALCYONS ARE SO PERFECT. THEY HAVE SELF REPAIRING ARMOR. HOLY SHIT IT'S SO  SEXY AND SHINY. OH GOD. OH AND DID I MENTION THEY HAVE NO BAD QUALITIES? THEY HAVE A PERFECT SOCIETY FROM A PLANET WITH NO COMPETITION WHATSOEVER."

That's all I was hearing as I read it, to be honest.

I'm sorry if that's offending. But that's my two cents. My completely honest unfiltered opinion.

HOWEVER I admit I might be somewhat biased. I don't like highly advanced races that are basically gods in sci-fi. In addition I'm somewhat cynical. I like semi-realistic sci-fi that's reasonably advanced and has races with noticeable flaws.

Regardless, they're creative and in-depth. I commend you for that. Also, the art is high quality and detailed. The models are symmetrical and look nice. You did a good job there.

Back to top Go down

Post by TitanSeraph on Sat 29 Mar 2014, 4:56 pm

@ Travis: Lolok
@ Heretic: Well shit
@ King Tiger: Nothing is perfect. Their ship ergonomics have weaknesses if you can see them. They aren't gods either Wink . Furthermore, their inability to lie and behave on greed is not a bonus, but a malus - and I am sure you can find why yourself. Furthermore, comming from a planet with no competition makes it difficult for them to actually kill people - leading to them prefering to capture instead.
They are far from perfect Razz
They have pathetic immune systems, and fragile bodies - if you know what to do. Not being able to lie and act upon greed, they are a very naive specie, and this can be hugely exploited - not to mention it makes them terrible at espionnage related operations, and while corruption and such is difficult, sneaking in for sabotage is not as difficult - especially considering their vehicles' innards are well known for being glass like - LITERALLY
And add to that their low numbers. And many - many more other pretty obvious weaknesses, which I shouldn't have to blurt out Razz
TitanSeraph
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Acceleradiant on Wed 02 Apr 2014, 9:05 pm

Find blind spot. Camp in it with heavy fighter loaded to the brim with mass driver ammo. Pierce shields for 750 hull damage/second. Do the math from a 1.5m hull ship.
Acceleradiant

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Thu 03 Apr 2014, 3:51 am

Although, to be fair; a lot of people want to look like good guys. 
It's good you're giving them some pointers, but I've found that people prefer to be all mano a mano so they look honorable and such.

Also, to give my actual interpretation; the warship and dreadnought look more amusing than threatening. They're like big flying bullets. It looks kinda derpy and such.
The Beholder looks like a flying silo. 
Fuck, I hate sounding so negative...
Although, my and your style differ greatly; your designs are very flowey, my previous designs are more geometric and anvil-esque. So feel free to disregard this very small complaint.
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by TitanSeraph on Thu 03 Apr 2014, 3:31 pm

THE HERETIC [ BTK ] wrote:Although, to be fair; a lot of people want to look like good guys. 
It's good you're giving them some pointers, but I've found that people prefer to be all mano a mano so they look honorable and such.

Also, to give my actual interpretation; the warship and dreadnought look more amusing than threatening. They're like big flying bullets. It looks kinda derpy and such.
The Beholder looks like a flying silo. 
Fuck, I hate sounding so negative...
Although, my and your style differ greatly; your designs are very flowey, my previous designs are more geometric and anvil-esque. So feel free to disregard this very small complaint.
I see your point tbh  < w >

Basically, I'm going with an idea with my ships - one of weapon convergence, armor and so on. It'd take me hours to explain, but basically, sphere and spherical ships are possibly the best \o/
TitanSeraph
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top