Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Post by Goat on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 12:38 am

Like, seriously dudes. There's so many possibilities, like... Bronze age or the 50's with the Mafia or Cold War spying going on. Maybe WWI with trench warfare and all, anything that isn't fucking sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters. Seriously.

I think that WWI trench warfare would be the most interesting or the Cold War thing.
avatar
Goat
Lurker
Lurker

Location : A Valley of Smoke.

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Post by Guest on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 12:50 am

...Now I say WWI would be great, or perhaps something set in the mid 1700's to mid 1800's?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 5:11 am

THE HERETIC [ BTK ] brandishes his Zweihander and dons his full plate armor
Why no Realistic Medieval / Grim Medieval?
Most of what we've done with medieval is all High Fantasy, not rightly medieval.
I'm also down for some Ancient Era headbashing and well oiled abs in the rain...


Well oiled abs and Spartanity:





We could take a more interesting route and maybe focus it on Roman political intrigue or family rivalries...
avatar
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Location : Donderost, Norstros

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Post by Kyundi on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 7:23 am

guys
guys.
i got an idea, guys.

what if we do, guys.
guys what if we do..
a sci-fi roleplay, guys
but like
guys
stay with me guys
but it's in a simulation where it's in medieval times but at the same time it's in a simulation IN a simulation in modern times

also it's a shooter.
BUT THERE'S NO MILITARY IN IT, SO IT'S TOTALLY
Spoiler:
ORIGINAL
avatar
Kyundi
Initiate
Initiate

Location : bongland

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 11:32 am

...wut
avatar
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Location : Donderost, Norstros

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Post by Goat on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 12:38 pm

We honestly haven't done any realistic medieval, and the few times we've attempted it didn't really go well because, well. For whatever reason, lack of interest or something. However, the ancient headbashing era seems fun too, with the Greeks and Spartans. 

Although, WWI would be pretty nice too, cause there's rarely any sort of RP about that... or anything around that era, really.
avatar
Goat
Lurker
Lurker

Location : A Valley of Smoke.

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Post by Guest on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 1:22 pm

That's because the only thing we'd be doing is getting bombed by artillery and then slaughtering the infantry charge after the bombardment. And then we'd bomb them with artillery, go over the top, then get slaughtered in return.

Then again we could do other things like trench raids in the middle of the night. Or we could be sappers digging tunnels underground to blow up the enemy from below. And it could be interesting to go on offensives behind tanks.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Post by Goat on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 1:37 pm

Commander Icarus wrote:That's because the only thing we'd be doing is getting bombed by artillery and then slaughtering the infantry charge after the bombardment. And then we'd bomb them with artillery, go over the top, then get slaughtered in return.

Then again we could do other things like trench raids in the middle of the night. Or we could be sappers digging tunnels underground to blow up the enemy from below. And it could be interesting to go on offensives behind tanks.
Or, you know, your character could show wear and start to question why he went into the army for this. Watching his friends die around him, no way a man wouldn't be scarred. We could actually, you know. Make personality instead of the usual "stone cold killa" shit we do.
avatar
Goat
Lurker
Lurker

Location : A Valley of Smoke.

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Post by Guest on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 1:44 pm

So pretty much an 'All Quiet on the Western Front' roleplay? That sounds pretty cool right there.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Post by Seven on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 2:25 pm

Apocalyptic RP - 

Really. 

This is the most fucking perfect genre and it seems overused here.

Few ideas;

For some reason, crops stop growing/all water sources are undrinkable - food is being narrowly rationed, we could roleplay gangsters who steal the food from the goverment and deal it ((Just a thought, if you like this but have a different idea, tell me))

Good old fucking zombies. No special infected. But those zombies that limp and will fucking fuck your fucking shit the fucking shit up.

Nuclear war - hardcore nuclear survival or maybe a fallout RP. ((Maybe fallout mixed with the hardcore element))

Maybe a roleplay set in a Utopia/Dystopia ((Tell me the difference, i kinda get like one of them is fucked up but the other is perfect - possibly by fucked up laws))

My absolute favourite genre of roleplay is Fallout RP;

Maybe we could be living in one of the vault experiments in Fallout.

Pre-war fallout; secret agents or someshit.

Forming the Enclave/Brotherhood. 

Roleplaying NCR troopers.

A review of the original fallout stories; for example instead of the Lone Wanderer - it could be a group of us leaving the Vault - I don't know about New Vegas as Amnesia is generally a theme and we couldn't all get shot in the head and survive, unless we meet along the way. For number one we could be a group of Vault Dwellers and a group for Tribals for two; ((One chosen one))

Seven
Initiate
Initiate


Back to top Go down

Re: Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Post by Goat on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 3:14 pm

Pierre Bezukhov wrote:So pretty much an 'All Quiet on the Western Front' roleplay? That sounds pretty cool right there.
Yeah, that was an idea for the WWI thing. I mean, it seems pretty interesting.

Seven wrote:Apocalyptic RP - 

Really. 

This is the most fucking perfect genre and it seems overused here.

Few ideas;

For some reason, crops stop growing/all water sources are undrinkable - food is being narrowly rationed, we could roleplay gangsters who steal the food from the goverment and deal it ((Just a thought, if you like this but have a different idea, tell me))

Good old fucking zombies. No special infected. But those zombies that limp and will fucking fuck your fucking shit the fucking shit up.

Nuclear war - hardcore nuclear survival or maybe a fallout RP. ((Maybe fallout mixed with the hardcore element))

Maybe a roleplay set in a Utopia/Dystopia ((Tell me the difference, i kinda get like one of them is fucked up but the other is perfect - possibly by fucked up laws))

My absolute favourite genre of roleplay is Fallout RP;

Maybe we could be living in one of the vault experiments in Fallout.

Pre-war fallout; secret agents or someshit.

Forming the Enclave/Brotherhood. 

Roleplaying NCR troopers.

A review of the original fallout stories; for example instead of the Lone Wanderer - it could be a group of us leaving the Vault - I don't know about New Vegas as Amnesia is generally a theme and we couldn't all get shot in the head and survive, unless we meet along the way. For number one we could be a group of Vault Dwellers and a group for Tribals for two; ((One chosen one))
We've done Fallout RPs in the past, with most of them just dying off too quickly, but none really set in utopias or dystopias, so that could be pretty interesting too.
avatar
Goat
Lurker
Lurker

Location : A Valley of Smoke.

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Post by Seven on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 3:23 pm

Walking dead roleplay; day one? Or maybe we start like ten years in ((Little humans left))

Seven
Initiate
Initiate


Back to top Go down

Re: Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Post by Guest on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 3:25 pm

I heard Utopia/Dystopia... Brave New World-esque roleplay?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Post by Seven on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 3:30 pm

Brave new world?

Seven
Initiate
Initiate


Back to top Go down

Re: Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Post by Goat on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 3:39 pm

Seven wrote:Brave new world?
Great book, great album by Iron Maiden. I prefer the album too. Anywho.

It's basically the biggest book about a dystopian society, it was made around 1931 so some things may seem a bit strange, but it's a good book. Wikipedia has like, a summary of every few chapters, you can get the main idea from there.
avatar
Goat
Lurker
Lurker

Location : A Valley of Smoke.

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Post by Vero on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 3:50 pm

I like World War I among most other things. But I'd have no problem woth cold war espionage or '30s mafias in America.
avatar
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Location : United States of America

http://freesource.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Post by Acceleradiant on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 10:19 pm

I'm surprised nobody suggested steampunk.
Then again...
avatar
Acceleradiant
Newbie
Newbie

Location : Snited Utates

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Post by Goat on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 10:21 pm

Acceleradiant wrote:I'm surprised nobody suggested steampunk.
Then again...
Oh believe me, we've done Steampunk tons of time, but no one ever joins. Like, ever.
avatar
Goat
Lurker
Lurker

Location : A Valley of Smoke.

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Post by Acceleradiant on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 10:29 pm

Goat wrote:Oh believe me, we've done Steampunk tons of time, but no one ever joins. Like, ever.

Well, I'd be up for most any steampunk RP, and I think a few others would be as well.
avatar
Acceleradiant
Newbie
Newbie

Location : Snited Utates

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Post by Kazran on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 6:35 pm

Steam punk WWI!
avatar
Kazran
Forumer
Forumer

Location : Walking somewhere

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Post by Keval on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 7:00 pm

I'm in on a Mafia RP with House on this one, though I'd prefer a bit later around the 50's.
avatar
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Location : Nowhere

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 7:17 pm

You kids and your guns ;=;
avatar
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Location : Donderost, Norstros

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Post by Goat on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 8:28 pm

THE HERETIC [ BTK ] wrote:You kids and your guns ;=;
Shhh, you can just like. Bash people with a cudgel if we do the Mafia RP.

But seriously, you guys decide, WWI, Mafia, maybe something with Steampunk involved? Like Steampunk fifties mafia thing.
avatar
Goat
Lurker
Lurker

Location : A Valley of Smoke.

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Post by Kazran on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 10:24 pm

STEAMPUNK MAFIA SET IN WWII.
avatar
Kazran
Forumer
Forumer

Location : Walking somewhere

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Post by Kyundi on Tue 11 Mar 2014, 3:07 am

Brave New World or Nineteen-Eighty-Four.

one's utopian and one's dystopian
avatar
Kyundi
Initiate
Initiate

Location : bongland

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we get something that isn't sci-fi/medieval/modern military shooters?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum