Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

Interest Survey - Spooky Edition

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interest Survey - Spooky Edition

Post by Drow on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 4:31 pm

Upon hearing this music > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDQFJIHxPzY < I was suddenly boarded a train of thought for a modern horror/apocalyptic type RP (think silent hill). One of those chance things that usually produces at least a few good ideas...

Let's get to it.

Title: 'Final Transmission'
Setting: Urban sprawl. Time period will be a bit in the future, mainly for creative lead-way.
Premise: A group of survivors from a now distant apocalyptic event find their once apartment, now fortress of solitude running low on supplies and electricity and the fading message of salvation in a nearby city promising hope in an otherwise bleak situation. The exact nature of the 'apocalypse' is unknown, other than weather conditions have been unstable (constantly stormy with high, occasionally damaging winds) and that some conditions have been poor enough to force evacuations. It is regularly foggy, limiting visibility in exterior areas, and every so often, just out of direct sight, the shadows occasionally dance, almost with a mind of their own...

Players will be a range of different professions, and can either have lived at the complex before occupation or be one of the more recent occupiers. Character sheets optional. Focus will be on character-environment and character-character interactions, with a heavy man vs. environment focus (as far as the 'plot' itself goes). Horror comes from the unknown and strange events. Gmod pictures may be attempted, depending on if I can find suitable maps.

Comments, questions, concerns?
Drow
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Re: Interest Survey - Spooky Edition

Post by Keval on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 4:39 pm

I am interested and could definitely get into it, though the setting still confuses me a bit.
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 4:44 pm

Oooh....I've been wanting to try something along those lines for a while but never had any ideas of my own for pulling it off. .o.

The apocalypse is just a weather catastrophe though?
Travis
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 5:04 pm

I'm interested.

Regarding character sheets being optional, I presume that if we didn't feel like writing a character sheet we'd instead write a paragraph or so introducing and describing our character and blah?

Back to top Go down

Post by Drow on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 6:55 pm

Keval wrote:I am interested and could definitely get into it, though the setting still confuses me a bit.

The setting will be in a large city along the coast of the United States (more than likely, east/west coast, dunno). More specifically, it will take place in a large, sturdily built apartment complex turned 'community shelter', inhabited by a wide variety of survivors who decided to hole up here. Eventually the setting will move out of the shelter and into the 'unknown' as the survivors make preparations to travel to the other city for possible help, and eventually go through with that plan. (Having to move will be inevitable, either because of damage to the complex by the weather, 
Spoiler:
spreading infiltration by the unknown forces outside
, or lack of supplies; however, you are free to belay it as much as possible)

Travis wrote:Oooh....I've been wanting to try something along those lines for a while but never had any ideas of my own for pulling it off. .o.

The apocalypse is just a weather catastrophe though?

The 'apocalypse', at first glance, is just extremely crippling weather that has basically either kept everyone inside, caused them to move, or otherwise cut them off from much human interaction. It's less of an 'apocalypse' as so much of as a halt of usual human activity.

Though...:
... in reality, it is being used as cover for more sinister forces of the unknown.

Aumnivers wrote:I'm interested.

Regarding character sheets being optional, I presume that if we didn't feel like writing a character sheet we'd instead write a paragraph or so introducing and describing our character and blah?

Yup, exactly. Whichever fits your style more, just need a bit of introduction, you're free to reveal more as the roleplay progresses.

EDIT: CLARIFICATION ON THE WEATHER

The weather in question consists mostly of:

Long periods of heavy rain and scattered lightning storms.
Damaging winds.
Heavy fog.

Not in that order, and not always one at a time.

Also, feel free to make suggestions. :p
Drow
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Drow on Fri 21 Feb 2014, 5:34 pm

Free to make this now, hooray!

Not sure if I should post it in 'mature' or 'safe'... huh.
Drow
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Fri 21 Feb 2014, 8:58 pm

Should probably put it in "Mature" since there could be some intense blood and stuff.
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top