Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

High Sci-fi, Apocalyptic, Focused-Sandbox RP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

High Sci-fi, Apocalyptic, Focused-Sandbox RP

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Thu 13 Feb 2014, 10:43 pm

So, me and keval did some crashcourse collaborating and came up with the skeletons of a RP idea.
So, the RP will be a High-Sci Fi Apocalypse RP set on one planet, though it will expand if more people join and if the RP goes on for a while, say twenty or thirty pages.
It'd be set in a high scifi era, roughly late 2000's or early 3000's and on a war torn planet deemed inhospitable and abandoned by either factions.
This allows a multitude of persons since the person could be from their own personal faction or from the planet themselves.

The tech would be around the idea that space ships, basic ones, are as common as cars and lasers are the basic weapon; with mass drivers and rail guns acting for the ballistic. The in depth tech like how strong shields and armor, if there's teleporters or not, will come with more thorough collaboration, but for now. ^ That.

The focus of the RP would be finding a space ship to get off the planet, since like... no one would want to live on the planet as exo-gear is required to go into most topside areas. < up for debate.
This gives a goal everyone can easily relate to.

So come on, Collaborate away~
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Re: High Sci-fi, Apocalyptic, Focused-Sandbox RP

Post by Guest on Thu 13 Feb 2014, 11:02 pm

I'm wondering why we'd be on the planet, and where we'd get the spaceship... maybe it had been a special dumping ground for criminals, with prison ships arriving every now and then, but now that's become less of a thing with a growth in raids cutting it off from the rest of the sector?  Maybe secretive outposts of outcasts and whatnot scattered across an asteroid belt mined-out of anything of valuable before they arrived, touching down to get what materials they couldn't obtain otherwise (and generally abandoning people they didn't like)?  Maybe some kind of raid on the prison breaking security?  Maybe there'd be some kind of large cultist population living underground on the planet?  Maybe there'd also be groups of former guards and wardens running about trying to establish some semblance of civilization, having been cut off from the empire?  Maybe there'd be a war going on between said empire and another power, that ultimately resulted in the present situation on the planet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Fri 14 Feb 2014, 8:06 pm

Aumnivers drives a tough point.

Also, if space ships are as common as cars, it probably wouldn't be too hard to find good parts or a working space ship. Maybe some sort of Super-EMP ravaged the planet, damaging electronics with advanced operating systems and the like beyond repair, leaving only a few basic parts working?
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Fri 14 Feb 2014, 8:14 pm

I suppose I hadn't mentioned it but what I meant to let on was that the planet was recently war-torn. With the factions peeling away maybe a month or year prior to the RP's start. What you mentioned can still happen; however, I'm simply stating what I meant to imply.

Space ships are as common as cars, yes; but it's apocalyptic in the sense that most of these parts are either butchered, incompatible, or already claimed.
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Fri 14 Feb 2014, 8:17 pm

Reasonable. What else are we looking to add?
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Fri 14 Feb 2014, 8:22 pm

We'll need to actually develop the physical stuff about the world :I
And develop at least a hapdash of lore, enough to satisfy but not so much that it removes the possibility of having custom factions or races or tech.
However, I think the first priority should be making the world itself; and I'm shit at making the physical stuff of worlds.
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top