Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

ISS Men For Hire

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ISS Men For Hire

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Wed 15 Jan 2014, 7:54 am

Not sure if it should go here or Other Collaborations, but to the point.

I was curious if people could indirectly participate in ISS. Primarily through hired forces.
These forces would have Technology from where ever, extending from basics to black market specials; however, no unique units (Such as Honor Guard or Personal Retainers) and their unique items would be available.
These mercenaries would be a sort of bought force, they would need to be balanced so they're not ridiculously OP. Mayhaps, as in real life, their power is measured by their funding.

I'm just going to start puking ideas, try and follow :s

These mercenaries could start off as a basic idea, and further on, they could be funded or given resources to by players of ISS.  The more you give, the more likely they'll favor your faction. This will take tremendous dedication to the RP, as they would have to view the scenario through their characters eyes, without bias.

So, maybe a secratary/senate/court of sorts to make sure people do play reasonably.

The merc sheets would be simpler than the ISS CS, excluding planets ofc.

The Mercs would give a liable fighting force to people who want to focus on growth, industry, or money(slightly), this will allow other types of nations outside of the testosterone bleeding, mouth foaming, grind houses that are the current military nations.

I thought of this idea since I'd rather not get involved with all this ISS politics going about, but I do want to participate in the RP.
None to mention, this idea would add a sort of intimate level of interaction, more focus and [hopefully] attachment to ones leader. Unless you wanna be lame and communicate via dignitary...

This could also expand into a sort of sub-RP of corporation/mercenary corp/whatever conflicts and interactions...
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Re: ISS Men For Hire

Post by Vero on Wed 15 Jan 2014, 7:44 pm

Lack of players defeats the idea.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

http://freesource.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Wed 15 Jan 2014, 11:24 pm

I thought there were four...
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Wed 15 Jan 2014, 11:36 pm

You need more than four in a large-scale Role-Play such as ISS.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

http://freesource.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazran on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 12:26 am

There's five, not four. 

Kev
Mizzy
Hal
House