Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

Late Night Reminiscing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Late Night Reminiscing

Post by Vero on Sat 04 Jan 2014, 5:06 am

Timeline_

2016: Under the strain of an economical crisis, assassination of key, government leadership, and the beginning of general anarchy, in a stunning vote Congress disbands the Federal government. The capital along with Maryland are annexed into Virginia. Fifty new countries are now added to the global roster of validated countries. It is also notable that the Chinese Yuan becomes the world's reserve currency, replacing the Dollar._

2019: As time progresses, the greedy nature and corruptness of politicians and governors [or whatever they choose to call themselves now] causes a string of both political and military alliances between the states. As few of the states actually requested for submission into the United Nations, they are not bound by international law to follow the conduct of war._

2021: The former United States lies in four major camps. Alaska was formally annexed by Canada, and Hawaii declared sovereignty and cut a majority of it's diplomatic and political ties to the mainland. In the South, a growing alliance of states from the east coast to New Mexico give rise to the ideal of the Confederacy. In the North-east and Mid-west, the alliances there are reminiscent of the Union. To the north-west, the states of Oregon, Idaho, North and South Dakota, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming have assembled together under one flag. The remaining states are neutral, and coincidentally enough requested admission to be apart of the Untied Nations. Industry, notably in the Rust Belt to the east, Detroit, and newly opened factories on the coast of Oregon have seen a resurgence and rebirth._

2024: The Second American Civil War erupts as the factions, now North, South, and West, engage in bloody conflict once again with even deadlier weapons than what was seen in the first. To the east, the North and South have engaged in bloody trench warfare with large-scale naval battles. To the west, wide open expansions of farmland lead to highly mobile warfare between the West, North, and South._

2025: As the body count rises, the United Nations begins taking a more keen interest in the conflict as the stalemate in the east and massive casualties in the west have bogged the armies down of each faction._

Just something random I was bouncing around in my head. I both know and understand that some people, if they join, would like to avoid playing as Americans. So, I'd like to hopefully find some help in making the possible, especially if it is from those people. To an extent, the 2025 in the timeline can be dropped, I was just having a brain fart there.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

http://freesource.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Late Night Reminiscing

Post by Kazran on Sat 04 Jan 2014, 5:10 am

From my understanding, this civil war begins WWIII?
Kazran
Forumer
Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Sat 04 Jan 2014, 5:14 am

Hopefully not.

The basis is that it's another civil war, but since we do have people who may not want to play as Americans, I want to leave as many avenues open as possible.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazran on Sat 04 Jan 2014, 5:14 am

Aah. I get it now. Hm.
Kazran
Forumer
Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 04 Jan 2014, 1:53 pm

Reminds me of this....

Anyway, overall I like this idea. Will it be character based or nation based, or both?

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Sat 04 Jan 2014, 4:13 pm

I like this idea, but Halo's question still stands.
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazran on Sat 04 Jan 2014, 4:14 pm

I presumed character based over nation based because it's a civil war in America.
Kazran
Forumer
Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 04 Jan 2014, 11:21 pm

Faction based*

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazran on Sat 04 Jan 2014, 11:22 pm

Ah. Maybe both. I don't know. You'd have to ask House for sure.
Kazran
Forumer
Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Sun 05 Jan 2014, 2:19 am

There's really no way to do factions if there is only three factions.

Character-based.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top