Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

[solved]Mobile/Tablet access

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[solved]Mobile/Tablet access

Post by Guest on Mon 16 Dec 2013, 2:29 pm

I've discovered a rather annoying problem, the fact that Chatbox is inaccessible from my mobiles and tablets. I've had some rather interesting issues where the corner menu doesn't open, preventing me from sign in. In addition I've also had it where it continually loops me back to main page via the whole "Oh! your a mobile! Here's our Mobile page!" issue.

I've had this issue on the following electronics
Ipod Touch
Kindle 3g (Site ignores setting to show desktop version of page instead of mobile)
Nexus 7 (Site ignores setting to show desktop version of page instead of mobile)

I feel I'm missing something rather simple, however, I'm not sure if anything can actually be done about this.
Generally this is only so I can setup access to freeforum while on campus without having to rebuild a *laptop to use or using one of the public computers.

(*Considering my current "laptop" is more functional as a stove then laptop)

Back to top Go down

Re: [solved]Mobile/Tablet access

Post by Kaylie on Mon 23 Dec 2013, 5:12 am

In the upperhand right corner there should be an arrow that allows a dropdown list. If it's there and working, classic version is what you want to hit.

Last edited by Vanessa on Mon 23 Dec 2013, 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Kaylie
Board Administrator
Board Administrator

http://ffmazed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazran on Mon 23 Dec 2013, 7:10 am

Sliprunner wrote:
I've had this issue on the following electronics
Ipod Touch
Kindle 3g (Site ignores setting to show desktop version of page instead of mobile)
Nexus 7 (Site ignores setting to show desktop version of page instead of mobile)

These ones right Slip?
Kazran
Forumer
Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 23 Dec 2013, 12:04 pm

Vanessa wrote:In the upperhand right corner there should be an arrow that allows a dropdown list. If it's there and working, classic version is what you want to hit.

Thats part of the problem, I'll have the site pulled up, but the dropdown list won't come down regardless of what I attempt to do. I've managed to find a work around though, so the problem's resolved for now. I've simply rigged it so my Nexus 7 appears as a desktop to the site, so I avoid having to deal with the mobile page at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaylie on Mon 23 Dec 2013, 1:07 pm

If you've managed to find a work around, then the problem is solved. If it happens again, post the problem once again.
Kaylie
Board Administrator
Board Administrator

http://ffmazed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top