Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

Steampunk.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Steampunk.

Post by Acceleradiant on Sun 15 Dec 2013, 5:37 pm

So, I have very basic groundwork, but I can't come up with a huge concept on my own.

It is [year yet to be determined].
Airships, ranging from large frame hundreds of feet long with a single gondola, to boats lifted into the air with huge, durable balloons are a common sight, gliding across the sky. They can be used as weapons platforms, but are more often used as supply and passenger transports.
Mechs are a more recent invention, mostly used in World War II [note: this is both past and present tense, so we can work with most any date here], but now made available to the public for both recreational and business usage. They range from two-legged runabouts and medium assault walkers to eight-legged artillery platforms.

If this takes place during WWII, I'll open up slots for the military.

I'm honestly not sure how to plot this one out.
Acceleradiant

Back to top Go down

Re: Steampunk.

Post by Guest on Mon 16 Dec 2013, 11:54 am

You had my full and complete attention at "Steampunk", though I do feel need to question. Is this going to be "True" steampunk, where things are actually built to the theme of an Industrial Revolutionized Victorian era? regardless, from the sounds of it, the easiest way to plot it out would be two "general" arcs. One focused on the war, perhaps some shady background, the other focused on society. This would likely let you have it more fluid depending on if it looks like the military focus won't work out.

Still, sounds rather interesting concept, I'm definitely interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr One on Mon 16 Dec 2013, 7:04 pm

Well I saw the title and I just

That aside STEAMPUNK! This now has my full attention @_@
Mr One

Back to top Go down

Post by Acceleradiant on Mon 16 Dec 2013, 9:02 pm

Alright, good to see this is generating interest!

@Sliprunner
It's going to be mostly true to the clunky gears and valves of the steampunk genre with all the industrialization, etc., though I'm not afraid to step out of it and tack on a few things if people are comfortable with them.
Good idea. I'll think about the shadier side of things.

@Mr One
Sweet.
Acceleradiant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 16 Dec 2013, 9:34 pm

This will be awesome.

I was wishing for a guns of Icarus type RP though.

IE; People play as pirates or merchants or privateers on giant war balloons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top