Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

DtHaBa restart

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DtHaBa restart

Post by Guest on Sat 14 Dec 2013, 10:53 pm

Basically, I wanted  to do something with the old space DtHaBa universe. I liked the universe we had made then when it was up. Well, atleast before it jumped to the 2900s. A good foundation was made with the original RP. I just think the universe needs to be fleshed out more. And perhaps it could lead to RPs not having to do with empire control. 

For those that don't know; Down to Hell and Back Again is a science fiction role-play where you create your own colony that recently split off of the main human government, the TSF in the midst of a massive civil war. It is a game of choices where you steer your colony down any road you please.

Here's  what we got from the first thread. 

"Year: 2478 A.D.

The Terra-Space Frontier.

Once an organization backed by Earth, now a united 7 continents; one people.

Now in shambles. After successful rebellions in colonies, the organization collapsed on itself due to the corruption of it's representatives. Now Earth has cut off its supply lines from the outer and mid rim colonies, leaving them to fend for themselves. The leaderless colonies, through all the madness of anarchy, manage to elect leaders into power. These colonies, now their own people, their own nation, depend on their new leader to lead them through these dark times. But obstacles stand in the way of uniting a planet's people. Other colonies may be unhappy with them and attack. But it isn't all bad, some colonies will wish to be allies. It is up to the leaders in charge. 

The people of these colonies place their ultimate faith in their leader.

You."

TL;DR = Humanity joined  in an organization called the TSF. Spread to space via FTL. It's 2478. Big civil war.

It's not much, but it's a foundation.

There was a timeline, but sadly I can't find it. That needs to be reconstructed.

From what I remember, the TSF had a professional army with high quality troops. The rebels had a larger military, but it was mostly ramshackle with salvaged and refitted craft along with pirate ships and captured TSF equipment. The rest of humanity was independant colonies.

Back to top Go down

Re: DtHaBa restart

Post by Vero on Sun 15 Dec 2013, 1:23 am

While it would be great to start up DtHaBA again, there is activity problems. It is chiefly you and a few other people who seem to realize that people made responses to posts in Role-Plays 2-4 days after the reply was made, which frankly, is pissing a lot of people off because it is killing Role-Plays left and right. We cannot reliably continue DtHaBA or wish to continue it if people cannot display that they are actually interactive and active with the Role-Plays already, and they aren't posting because they suddenly don't like it, situations aren't to there liking, or there is no sex.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

http://freesource.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Dec 2013, 2:14 am

I have one question.

Can we be aliens?

Back to top Go down

Post by Wehrmacht Cat on Sun 15 Dec 2013, 2:15 am

Well, how strong are the aliens that we are talking about?
Wehrmacht Cat
Forumer
Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Dec 2013, 2:21 am

As strong as the human factions people would play, I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Dec 2013, 12:03 pm

Yeah, you could be an alien. But not from some giant alien empire that rivals humanity as a whole. The idea was that there are alien refugees/merchants/mercenaries/wanderers who found outer rim human colonies. 

There was an outer rim colony called Hildr prime which was populated by exiles, refugees, and other undesirables fleeing from wherever they hail from. It was attacked by a large empire once, but it boiled down to a guerrilla war. Aliens then had a massive civil war on their side of the galaxy and forgot about it. Then this incident was covered up and humanity as a whole was left unaware. 

If there was a huge alien empire right next to human space that everyone knew about there wouldn't be a civil war. There'd be raving xenophobia and fear of this strange new species. People would want humanity to stay whole in case this empire has ulterior motives.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Dec 2013, 12:13 pm

So, no alien factions then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Dec 2013, 12:15 pm

I didn't say that. You could make a colony where humans are a minority and say the aliens created a new government on the now independant colony.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top