Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

Napoleonic Era rifleman skirmishers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Napoleonic Era rifleman skirmishers

Post by Guest on Mon 04 Nov 2013, 8:20 pm

Greetangs all.

I'd see it that the Roleplay would follow a Rifle regiment during a war throughout Europe with Napoleonic war weaponry and factions. Whilst I could simply say it's going to be based there, I'd like to weave around rather than follow the course of that war.   

The people who would join would be taking the place of a member of this regiment, specifically light infantry, taking on the role of scouting for the main force and skirmishing with enemy forces as they come across them; I believe a skirmishing unit with no need for formations or full on discipline would allow for a practicable roleplaying atmosphere, albeit I'm putting this up in the colab to see if anyone else would agree with me or not. 

Time period would be during the 1800s, so because of this I will rob many of my American forumers the chance to stay true to their stars and banners etc, but fear not for you can play as a loyalist exiled from the states! Hooray! As this will be on the British side of things and not the French republicans, people could come from almost every nation during that region from American and French loyalists to British and Prussians; to come from a foreign country though they would probably have to be assigned to this regiment by higher-ups to avoid the problem of why they are in the British army and not the relative one. 

Weaponry wise I would be making the standard a Baker rifle, but I may allow alterations or exceptions depending on the roleplayer's suggestions and (hopefully) reason why it should change.

As this goes, I havn't written all of my idea so feel free to ask questions if I left out anything that'd make your understanding of my shambled idea clearer.

Back to top Go down

Re: Napoleonic Era rifleman skirmishers

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Mon 04 Nov 2013, 8:39 pm

This would be a very interesting and fun RP; however, I think it'd be better if we also kept in mind that we may need to go to a more accessable and better known war like WWI or WWII
Or maybe even the Vietnam war.
Ofc, the titles and stuff would have to be changed...
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 04 Nov 2013, 8:50 pm

Main reason I thought of this was because (Well, I also started re-watching sharpe >.<) but I enjoy the Napoleonic era and how little to my knowledge has been touched. I wasn't going to be following the actual war, I use Napoleonic era to represent the technology at the time and probably the factions, it wouldn't be following the events and maybe not even the politics. Still, I'd like to see if others agree with you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top