Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

Global Fear: First Contact

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 9:57 pm

NEARING END PRODUCT, PLEASE TELL ME IF ANYTHING IS TO CHANGE OR BE ADDED

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alternate History Time!

(Not mine, credit goes to the Resistance team for requesting/commissioning/drawing this)
Global Fear: First Contact is a heavily inspired Resistance: Fall of Man roleplay idea, same thing with alternate history, but do-ho-ho, not the type you'd expect!...Well, you would, I guess.
In all truth I'm attempting to be original, so mind you, facts are likely to be disregarded in the alternate history, which I will show you in a few minute.
Overview
Global Fear starts off in Sweden, more specifically, Stockholm, this is in Europe for those people who do not know...Oh, and this is during the 2000s.
As two major factions (The Empire of the European Soviets and The Japanese-American Empire) fight in Africa, people are ill-fated to be in Europe during the arrival of a asteroid, which lands in a Scandinavian field where the border between Norway and Sweden once was. Any attempts to find out what happened have been fruitless, every time anyone even gets close to the asteroid, they disappear without a trace. No one dares approach the area, as the military soon locks it down, not letting anyone approach while trucks commonly go in and out of the area. 

Soon, the entire section of Norway is cut off, as more asteroids are reported to be found around the world, causing many to be confused of their purpose and curious of what they are from. But, as always, no one is exactly sure, as no survivors come back from the expeditions. And even if you're armed to the teeth, it seemed trying to fight the army would be a not very beneficial idea to your health, so...

It has been two years since and now the war in Africa has been cutting resources down, soldiers are seen patrolling through Europe regularly, as a tourist, refugee, soldier, or whatever you may like to pick, you're left in Sweden, pushed there due to relocation after another asteroid has neared your home and anyone you know.

But nothing is right here, from odd noises outside the walled captial city of Stockholm, to the nights of disappearing civilians. But today, today is your lucky day! There is a announcement going on in Stockholm Square by the official whom runs Sweden for the European Soviets. Soldier's aren't going to let you stay home, so best comply!

THE FACTION OVERVIEWS
CHIMERA OVERVIEW

Hybrids, firing their Bullseye at humans in Germany
By request, the Chimera will star as the main antagonist to strike out against the characters in the RP(s). The Chimera are from the Resistance franchise, a dangerous, harsh and not-very adaptable sort of race that convert's other kind into it's own. Using DNA strands, there is more than just one Chimera, each and all having cooling packs on their back to adapt to the weather of the planet. They have futuristic technology and are a shoot-on-sight sorts, so, if you see one, hide or take the fight to 'em. Either way, to might not live long enough to see it through, or worse...
"Always save a bullet for yourself."
The Urge
Two males members of The Urge
The Urge is a group of rebels waiting for the day to bring Europe back into it's rightful place as individual countries, they have massive amounts of manpower and weaponry, trading in stock from all over the world. They are considered top-grade criminals and considered shoot-on-sight by European Soviet Empire. Their numbers are high, their training is a bit weak, but their equipment and urban combat tactics make them a force to be taken more than seriously.

The Quarantine Forces
Their name is unknown, their armor is black and their weapons out of this world. A year after the asteroids hit, they were seen watching trucks pass from the tent windows...No one knows their purpose, but it is best not to.
The Japanese-American military
The Japanese-American military is a armed force fighting in Africa and deployed in Japan, China and North America. They have top-line technology as their soldiers are trained much of the basics to fight  and military organization. They attack in high numbers, using waves in their military doctrine to overwhelm the enemy.

The European Soviet Military
The European Soviet is very defensive, using heavy, slow-moving tanks and well-equipped soldiers to win wars. Their men are trained well and while not in high numbers like the American-Japanese Empire, they use much of their technology to win the battle from UAV drones, to combined arms tactics, to simple bombing runs. This is one slow, deadly bear with the wings of a eagle.
HISTORY OF THE ALTERNATE WORLD

-BEFORE 1919: Japan does not control any Island in the Pacific. The Eastern Front does not start. Russia never goes into a civil war, due to a third party taking total control of the government. South America degrades into a jungle, due to hostile wildlife, cities are the only safe spots as they are well-guarded from Brazil and Argentina.
-1919: Hitler does not rise to power, but rather outright dies due to a unknown disease, WW2 never arises, nor does Nazism.
-1926: All of Europe attempts to rebuild Germany
-1927: China and Japan tensions continue
-1930: Two wars begin, Russia starts a war with all of Europe, meanwhile China and Japan go to war. Japan is assisted by the American airforce and marines.
-1933: Japan and America win over China. Politics ensue about China's control
-1936: Russia begins to dig into Central Europe
-1937: Japan takes control of China
-1939: Europe makes a massive offensive, putting all their forces into Germany to stop the Russians from getting in any further.
-1942: The British Prime Minister is assassinated by Harold Gurr, a German-American 'tourist'
-1945: Europe surrenders after the French and Norwegian prime ministers are capture.
-1947: Russia takes control of all of Europe.
-1950: The new Japan-China takes a war against America, getting supplies and manpower from Africa, also, The European Soviets begin to dig into Africa for colonization
-1952: The Pacific Defense Force is formed, as the islands in the pacific, with Australia, become one whole alliance known as The Pacific Islands
-1953: Population booms around the world
-1957: America surrenders to Japan and China.
1957-1980: Population growth and technological development. Africa becomes a massive center of agriculture, being focused on by both of the largest factions in the world, the Soviets and Japanese-Americans.
1983: Africa tensions grow as the factions meet each other's borders, they begin DMZs all along the African center, from North to South.
1987: A Russian government official is assassinated, the Japanese-American empire claims it is not them.
1990: Russia finds the assassin, torturing him for three months. He reveals he works with a specialized group known as 'The Urge'.
1993: The Urge grows in strength.
1994: The first Nuclear Bomb is made, known as the 'Meteor'
1995: The Japanese-Americans release a nuclear bomb St. Petersburg, the war in Africa begins.
2001: First asteroid falls, hitting a field between Norway and Sweden, killing five people. Five months later, the European Soviet military blocks off the area.
2002: European Soviets begin to quarantine the area, more asteroids are spotted, hitting South America, Asia and Alaska.
2003: Alaska is known for harboring the most asteroids

September, 2003: The RP begins

RULES

-Guns does not mean Rambo, please understand action isn't the only thing this Roleplay is based around. But it will have a lot of action, for sure.
-Military ranks play a vital role in a armed force, don't just choose the highest rank if your character is a soldier.
-This will start off in Europe and escalate from there, do not start off in Asia, America, Africa, etc. Until the word is given, or permission says otherwise.
-All threads relating to this RP are to abide by these rules, unless permission says otherwise. 
-Threads can not make their own rules, unless permission says otherwise.
-Characters can not die unless explicit permission is given, or unless the thread says otherwise.
-This is a character controlled RP, at maximum, only three characters are permitted in one thread.
-If your character controls a certain group if people, or a platoon, regiment, etc. Permission must be given.
-This is M-Rated, profanity, gore, explicit content, all of this and more will be written in multiple posts.
-Your character as of thus far, can only be human. Understandably, that can change, but otherwise, you are to remain human.
"It was not in the rules" will not apply if you're asked to stop doing something from the Game Master, what they say goes the majority of the time.

CHARACTER SHEET
Name:
Rank: (Only applies if you have a occupation. Optional, unless military.)
Appearance:
Apparel:
Personality:
Weaponry:
Equipment: (Food, misc. items, etc.)
Biography:
Other:

NOTES
-This is based off of the Resistance franchise and over time, will slowly become global. Please do not complain about the restriction to Europe.
-This entire overview WILL change with every thread.
-Much like World War Z, events in threads (Battles, riots, etc.) will be named and have a role in everything.
-It is advised you school yourself on Resistance lore before hopping into this, or at least (minimally) you learn about the Chimera.
-Threads are in the M-Rated section
-A paragraph or multiple paragraphs in one post is appreciated, but not mandatory unless thread says otherwise
-M-Rated does not mean sex, unless sex has vital importance, don't bother.
-This is a heavy action RP, but this also has character development, I'll be attempting to balance the two.
-Each Thread doesn't really have a 'structured' plot, due to how roleplayers reacting to certain events is the spectacular thing about RPs. But I'll attempt at a plot the best I can.
______________________________________________________________________________________
CONCEPTS SECTION, THIS IS WHERE MORE OF THE FRAGILE STUFF IS PUT INTO UNTIL WE ALL AGREE IT IS SNAZZY AND CONSIDERED GOOD FOR THE RP!

THIS IS THE SUPPORTS, HERE WE VOTE ON  CERTAIN IDEAS BEING PUT INTO THE RP
STATUS OF THE WORLD WHEN THE WAR ERUPTED

Africa/Middle East

Africa's old relics, once a great representation of architecture. Now it is only cover for men who hide there.

Africa and the Middle East have always been a location of abandonment as war had been going on here for years now, but when the aliens hit, it became even more of a relic of the past. Many of it's old structures were left behind and the desert heat was more likely to kill humans than the aliens were, but maybe, maybe this is a location for hope in man kind...
If only the European Soviets and Japanese-American Empire would stop fighting.

Northern parts of Asia, Europe and North America

When the aliens hit, the more northern areas had gotten colder, deadlier, scarier and more machine like. It is assumed this is where they operate, in the North, but who can reach it now? No one has been able to cross the ice lands since the war erupted, so it's unlikely to ever be a place where people will live normally once more.

Americas/Central Europe/Africa/Asia

Nothing is as bad as when these guys come to play. And I'm not talking about our friendly humans here.

Oh, the central parts of Europe were hit hard in the war, they were a complete battleground for control over urban centers and farm fields. Slaughter is to ensue here, be warned, not many can survive this area unless they were well trained since the start or were lucky enough to survive the deadly alien assault and know their way around. Come in here armed, or don't come in at all!

This also goes for the other continents as well, of course.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
NEARING END PRODUCT, PLEASE TELL ME IF ANYTHING IS TO CHANGE OR BE ADDED

Last edited by Lmpwrkr on Mon 04 Nov 2013, 7:10 pm; edited 27 times in total

Back to top Go down

Re: Global Fear: First Contact

Post by Vero on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 10:09 pm

Based upon the explanations given by Resistance, I'd say that the virus would be much more explosive in terms of infectious rate in an urban setting. Resistance kicked off in Siberia, and as you can imagine, not very many people lived in Siberia compared to Eastern and Western Europe. A virus on the scale of the Chimera would likely be widespread. Plus if we were going to follow the ideas of a Resistance-type government, most governments would likely try to barter with the Chimera-based infected only to end up being overwhelmed. I would find it very interesting to have differences in situation vary such as an area of Europe that is overrun, to the battlefields of Africa where war is waged both against humans and this antagonistic race of infected. There's so many possibilities to span out from.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

http://freesource.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 10:12 pm

Azia, our minds connected there for the last setences.

This is what I'm aiming for, variety. Not all continents are the same, not always the alien enemy, but you're still threatened.

But I don't know if I want the enemy to be directly like the Chimera, y'know? By all rights we can have them look like 'em, but I don't know about them being the exact same thing...Hey, hey, maybe people want the Chimera though! So, I'll see as I continue to be drunk tired throughout this hazy experience.

So, yeah, I don't know where to go from here really. I just really want this simple idea to expand outward without losing it's touch...

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 10:17 pm

I understand that, but you also have to expand to the appeal of Role-Players. For example, if we did an American viewpoint on either continent, I can almost assure you that some Role-Players who are Role-Playing the series will get bored of no action. Though it could be expansive and include riots and uprisings, so that may counter what I just said.

I understand the continents are different, as they have to be. Though we can have a more diversive geopolitical environment if Europe has began to fall to the aliens/infected.

As for the aliens/infected themselves, I'd say that we could draw distinct traits from the Chimera themselves unless you want to use the Chimera as the aliens/infected.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 10:18 pm

Hrm, drawing from the Chimera is a good idea definitely, but we should of course consider other options.
Depends on what we manage to pull out to use really. Then again, its been a while since I've played Resistance, I can't remember much :c
Travis
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 10:21 pm

GAWD DAMN IT HOUSE.
NOW I'M REWATCHING ALL THE RESISTANCE TRAILERS...

AWWWGH!
OK, you do have some valid points, this is where I think you can help me a shit ton...And where I can stop using profanity.

OK, first off, appeal I agree with.

Second, I love the environment changing idea. Can it be something akin to Prototypes infection? Or, maybe like how in Resistance, everything kinda slowly died and decayed? Or, well, Resistance 3 had a frozen wasteland in my birthplace, New York, so hey...

And the last one...
I really don't know. I want to say "Maybe if I get more of the FF member's opinions on the Chimera" but I feel as if I wont be able to...
Agh, be my therapist on that last one please- not literally of course -you created this website, help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 10:26 pm

Ahh, terra-forming. If you recall, the Chimera had rods sticking out of their backs. That was so they wouldn't overheat from their high metabolism which generated their above human strength and agility. So, they used terra-formers to change the environment to become colder to suit their needs. Also, most of the stuff was dead because it was war-ravaged.

As for the infection, I'd say that it's more Chimera based on conversion through coma and then painful impaling of the cooling pack onto their bodies. Though I'm not sure if we should use spinners or those crawling little insect things I forgot the name of for the basis of how to get infected.

As for personal appeal, I don't really know. Most RPs have been action RPs, I haven't really gotten opinions on casual based RPs where you're always tearing at someone's throat.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 03 Nov 2013, 9:06 am

Updated with factions and locations+how the locations are when the RP starts, if it will just be one thread. If master key, I'll rewrite it.

I'm gonna probably start a whole new section on the aliens (most likely chimera) when I've collected enough pictures and info.

NOTE: The 'Supports' section is like a voting section, this is where I'm going to push for most of the ideas and see if we all agree it is solid and we can put them into the RP, such as Factions and Status of the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 03 Nov 2013, 9:44 am

I agree with using the chimera. They're actually a threat worth respecting. As far as the other factions go? You're on the right track. I like the direction this RP is going in. And I'm not just getting on the bandwagon here. I actually mean that. 

But I had a bigger question, which side will be the protagonist? European Soviet Union or Japanese-American empire? Or will players be in both sides?

Last edited by Icarus Faelin on Sun 03 Nov 2013, 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 03 Nov 2013, 2:21 pm

OK, wish I could delete some of my posts here to clear this page, but, whatever!
As the post before this one said, the players can potentially be bother sides oh both the American-Japanese Empire and European Soviets IF the RP gets far enough to be really global. And I can't say either are protagonists, it depends on the character.

ANYWAYS, reason why I'm rewriting this because so far, this version is escalating quickly, so I need some help here with seeing if it is all good and etc. 

Sorry if I'm being pushy ;n; I just really want to work on this.

Plus the supports section has been added, tell me if anything in the supports should be added and such.

Also, note: Chimera and the military have been added, along with The Urge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Sun 03 Nov 2013, 4:18 pm

Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 03 Nov 2013, 4:41 pm

First version to be sent into the forums is Monday, Tuesday or the latest, Wednesday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top