Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

CoG's Improving Art Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CoG's Improving Art Thread

Post by Guest on Mon 16 Sep 2013, 9:32 pm

Decided it might be a good idea to post more on here, and thought this would be an appropriate thread to make. Occasionally when I'm bored or feel like it I'll make some art. I mostly do pixel art, but occasionally I'll try to make something else.

Here are some of my favorites out of what I've pixel arted:

click me:

I HAVE GUNS:






Space Drone Thing:



Best humanoid ever:



More coming soon

I'd appreciate it if everyone could tell me what they think. Constructive criticism welcomed.


Last edited by Commander of Games on Sun 05 Jan 2014, 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: CoG's Improving Art Thread

Post by Travis on Mon 16 Sep 2013, 9:36 pm

CoG, how many times do we have to tell you they aren't bad >.<
Calling them mediocre implies they aren't good in the least for your skill. These are some of the better things you've drawn
avatar
Travis
Lurker
Lurker

Location : Unknown

Back to top Go down

Re: CoG's Improving Art Thread

Post by Guest on Mon 16 Sep 2013, 9:37 pm

Lord Deshara wrote:CoG, how many times do we have to tell you they aren't bad >.<
Calling them mediocre implies they aren't good in the least for your skill. These are some of the better things you've drawn
They're not bad, no. Mediocre basically means they're of moderate/okay quality.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: CoG's Improving Art Thread

Post by Wehrmacht Cat on Mon 16 Sep 2013, 9:44 pm

Admittedly, yes, technically, but with a negative connotation.
avatar
Wehrmacht Cat
Forumer
Forumer

Location : In his armored closet

Back to top Go down

Re: CoG's Improving Art Thread

Post by Guest on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 4:08 pm

Yeah they're pretty decent. I can't really do pixel art, so I can't speak for you, but yeah.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: CoG's Improving Art Thread

Post by Guest on Sun 05 Jan 2014, 7:46 pm

Resurrection.

I'm pretty proud of this. It's a spaceship, obviously.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: CoG's Improving Art Thread

Post by TitanSeraph on Sun 05 Jan 2014, 7:50 pm

I would honestly not call these mediocre. These pixel arts (The weapons and space drones) employ very nice gradients and shading, they have fair sizes and anatomies, and have a cool, recognizable and understandable appearence. If anything, I'd say these are really good.

God, it's really true when they say that if you say something is bad, people will automatically compliment it.
avatar
TitanSeraph
Initiate
Initiate

Location : Earth

http://www.madomm.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: CoG's Improving Art Thread

Post by Guest on Sun 05 Jan 2014, 8:02 pm

Your pixel-art

It's beautiful

The one thing I think you could improve in is lighting; (Well, humanoids too, but I can't really make those either so I probably shouldn't be talking) in just about every other field you're doing great.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: CoG's Improving Art Thread

Post by Guest on Sun 05 Jan 2014, 8:48 pm

TitanSeraph wrote:I would honestly not call these mediocre. These pixel arts (The weapons and space drones) employ very nice gradients and shading, they have fair sizes and anatomies, and have a cool, recognizable and understandable appearence. If anything, I'd say these are really good.

God, it's really true when they say that if you say something is bad, people will automatically compliment it.
Thanks.

Aumnivers wrote:Your pixel-art

It's beautiful

The one thing I think you could improve in is lighting; (Well, humanoids too, but I can't really make those either so I probably shouldn't be talking) in just about every other field you're doing great.
Yeah, I'm pretty bad at lighting/shading, as well as perspective. I am very bad at perspective. And humanoids. I am trying with them, though.

EDIT: More artwork!



This is my latest attempt at a humanoid. It is a Krath, an insectoid species and one of my races in GC.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: CoG's Improving Art Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum