Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

Halo RP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Halo RP

Post by Guest on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 12:37 am

That's it, a Halo RP. Bungie era, pre Halo-4. Just pretend Halo 4 never existed in this collab.

This is a fannon scenario. Made up vehicles and weapons are welcome.

I'll also make some adjustments to existing weapons.

The pistol for example won't be a sniper like in the games. Its accuracy will drop off at medium range, making it a close combat weapon. But it will do a lot of damage when it does hit. Assault rifle will remain accurate at medium range but deal less damage per shot.

The only weapon we REALLY need is an LMG. Perhaps an automatic combat shotgun if people really want it.

We also need to make a self-propelled-artillery vehicle, a tough wheeled vehicle (think humvee), and an APC.

That's basically all the UNSC needs.

I was thinking the year is before 2552 (when reach and earth and covenant schism happened). But I also had a plot in mind for after that.

The after 2552 plot is where we're hunting covenant remnants with allied races. This will give more flexibility to players. We all can be different species and not have to kill each other. I was thinking maybe the allied races find out the covenant were close to finding  a forerunner weapon that could change the tide and we need to stop them. Sounds cliche I know, but it makes a goal.

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo RP

Post by Keval on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 12:41 am

This is stupid.

Just kidding, good and simple idea. Though it needs more of a plot than that.
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 12:43 am

Aye. That's why I made a collab.

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 11:46 am

Alrighty, maybe we could introduce two ancient Forerunner shield-worlds similar to that of Onyx that have to link in order to activate the Halo rings. I know, it's not a very polished idea, but meh.
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 18 Sep 2013, 4:38 pm

So I take it that people just don't care about this? k

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Wed 18 Sep 2013, 6:57 pm

I'm none too good with Halo lore; though I can help with reference material and making material; such as that LMG or Auto-shotty
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 26 Sep 2013, 2:26 pm

In December 11, 2552 the Human Covenant War ends putting an end to the slaughter of billions on both sides. The Covenant collapses and turns into a supposedly minor faction. The brutes had a civil war, not having a unifying force. Portions of races still loyal to the covenant keep to their own space. The humans and sangheili celebrate their victory. But in January 23rd 2556 covenant activity goes up again. A new Prophet of Strength, a brute chieftain who unified the tribes rises up. With his brutes were jackals who rallied to the Covenant remnants, grunts, hunters, and drones. Skirmishes were started with the Sangheili empire and the rest of the separatists. The humans also get attacked by brute raiders. 

Encounter 1: The players are sent to a surviving minor human colony that was raided. They push the brutes out but discover intel of enemy troop movements. 

Encounter 2: The players go to the planet of Argo where UNSC forces are defending excavations. Intel told of an attack coming here. The players hold off the brutes but one of the excavation areas is overunn. But when they arrive the brutes retreat. It is discovered an artifact was stolen. 

Encounter 3: The players go after the brute raiders with Sangheili reinforcements. An uncharted shield world is discovered. This shield world is called Elmver-Harkor. A space battle occurs over the world. Players are sent down to the world to find out what the covenant is up to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Thu 26 Sep 2013, 6:28 pm

That's something I could get into.
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 27 Sep 2013, 10:51 pm

I just need to think of more events. I think some flood would be interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Fri 27 Sep 2013, 10:53 pm

fwurd 'n tah bei

halp

erm dud

erherherherherherh

Sounds fantastic.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

http://freesource.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Sat 28 Sep 2013, 5:43 pm

I don't think you should do more events. We need to see if we could finish these three in the rp, then we could let the rp head in it's own direction. To much scripture makes it a bit boring.
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top