Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

The Grim Series of Medieval-Fantasy RP's

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Grim Series of Medieval-Fantasy RP's

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Thu 15 Aug 2013, 1:43 am

Well, I've been thinking...
Why don't we try and make an RP that is based around personal, usual OC's, characters? Make it a Master-RP like the rest of our big RP's.
This will be an original universe, perhaps with a vanilla europe map at first, though we could work on a real map later. The RP will play out as a close-to-life simulation.
Time. Will matter.
Food. Will matter.
Illness. Will matter.
Wounds. Will matter.
Everything will be taken into account by several GM's, and even the community. Actions will be given a rating of action on an OT thread. Conversation will be given a time-frame and granted more time if needs be.

This is a very ambitious project, and I need alot of support if this is to take flight.

If you're unconvinced.
This world will allow you to accomplish anything. This will be what you could do in another world, with the same amount of struggle and sweet victory as real life.
You can be a mere peasant, but with the right actions or the right words; you could become king.
And as a King... you could lose everything, your wife could betray you, your sons or daughters will kill eachother to narrow down the inheritance. Bodyguards can be bribed. Assassins, hired.
You can start at the top of the food chain, as an unstoppable titan. But all things fall, if persons collaborate for it to end.
This world will be what you make it. But there will be others who want to make that world their own; you will have to show them who is making this world.

There will be no restrictions on who you can kill. I want your personal feelings for a person to get in the way. I want your hate for a person to fuel your vengeance in the most brutal of fashions.
I want your love and friendship to flicker and wane in this RP, I want you to see what dark things can happen in a world where people want power, and will give their all for it.

However, I don't want this to be a venting thread; you can kill a person right off the bat with a peasant.
Though, if that person is strong enough, they will easily defeat you. Unless you plan.

I will handle random events that will occur. Time will progress in chunks. Action-success will be discussed by me and a small council; the descison given out and the audience to taste and give review, perhaps point out some possibility or the like.

Anyhow, I hope this interests you. This RP will be Grim.

It will have crimes, and it will have miracles. It will have blood, and it will have fear.
It will have death,and it will have life.
This.
 This is what I want to be The Grim Series.

Anyone interested?
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Re: The Grim Series of Medieval-Fantasy RP's

Post by Keval on Thu 15 Aug 2013, 10:00 am

Well, I've been waiting to slaughter someone's character for some time now. I'm in.
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 15 Aug 2013, 10:37 am

So there's some OOC stuff going on behind the scenes. To be honest I'm not liking the sound of that. Events should be decided IC, or by the GM(s) in a logical manner. And it sounds TOO open world. I've seen RP's die because people didn't know what to do, or where to go. There's no overarching goal above the open world to guide players. Even open world RPG's have a main quest. But then again, if you make encounters that would give the players something to do.

And yeah, we do need a map. One that's fairly in depth with main cities and even small towns and the roads that connect them, along with other main landmarks. So people would know where to go and where everything is. A map of Europe is just lazy. I didn't crop out Greece when I made Edessa. Plus it would be a retcon if we took Europe then just changed it later.

That's my two cents so to speak.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Thu 15 Aug 2013, 12:40 pm

If things are decided IC; people will be almost wholly neutral.
From what I've seen, people will make the most heroic and honorable person and play by their rules of a heroic honorable person. And then, we have all these heroic and honorable people running around being wholly in-character because they are heroic and honorable.
Plus, it would give persons a reason/drive to do something. If someone wronged you outside of FF, you can come here and start to work on taking down someone.
Albeit, it will be slightly moderated so-as noone can be some superior king and decide to kill one person for no reason.

I'm saying we should use a map of Europe if we can't pump out a map fast enough before this idea loses any curiosity someone has in it. It's lazy, no argument there, but alot of the "active" RP'ers are fairly lazy :I
I intend to sort of flock persons together with the events, though random ones will occur. Dice-Rolls between 1-20 will decide how good an event is, and another 1-10 will be the payout.

Also, in the idea of time.
I'd thought about it over the night I'd posted this. I was thinking people would be given time to act; maybe 1-2 hours before a sort of update/refresh post is made.
The update/refresh post would detail everyone's current status (Health, Hunger, Thirst, Sleep, Ailments, etc.) and the overall day with some news-flashes of possible events to intervene, such as a bandit camp(Could be PC), a prestigious criminal with a bounty(This can be a PC), and some other minor things such as wars and the like.
Actions would require a time-stamp; one when it starts, and another when it ends.
Combat and other fast-things will be given a chunk of time to act. That chunk of time can be intercepted by a person, or the like.
I also would actively promote having multiple characters. It would allow people to experience alot and make the most out of the game.
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stereo on Thu 15 Aug 2013, 3:40 pm

I like the sound of it! But where do we start, as I feel we need to find a place to start before we can finish it!
Stereo
Board Representative
Board Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Thu 15 Aug 2013, 5:22 pm

We should start with the lore.
THE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE.
Such as regions, kingdoms, cultures and etiquettes, etc.
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sieg on Fri 16 Aug 2013, 8:06 am

I can make a map if I'm given like a few hours to do so, and with some information on regions I can make it somewhat topographic, and with info on kingdoms and such I can do a political map.

Ooooh, now I want to be a Cartographer in Game.
Sieg
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Stereo on Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:34 am

Hmmmm... I'll start thinking of regions first, then I'll relay what I'm thinking to Victoria. Unless she went ahead already. In which case I'll just work on kingdoms to get a bare ground for the rest.
Stereo
Board Representative
Board Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:01 pm

I always liked column-shaped continents; they're more interesting than the typical fat continents.
Perhaps the continent is super-massive and connects from the North-Pole to the South-Pole?
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 16 Aug 2013, 3:29 pm

That seems interesting. But I honestly prefer the 'fat' continent. It just.. Idnno, looks better. But I'm fine with either shape. Doesn't really make a difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sieg on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 7:00 pm

Throw me a bone here guys, I can't Cartograph without knowing what I'm Cartographing.
Sieg
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 7:15 pm

Do BTK's idea of the super massive continent that stretches from pole to pole.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stereo on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 7:48 pm

Ice caps on the south and north

Thinking some mountains in the middle to split it. Could spur some interesting culture ideas with a sort of plains/deserty/Africa feel for the south, and a sort of wooded/taiga/Alaska for the north.

Maybe another mini continent to the side or two.
Stereo
Board Representative
Board Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 7:55 pm

There would be plenty of islands near the center; maybe it could be a vase shape?
With the middle being Narrowly connected but hundreds of thousands of islands around it to act as a sort of Carribean on steroids.
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sieg on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 8:08 pm

Gonna be fun drawin this.
Sieg
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sigurd on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 9:30 pm

I have some minor cultural ideas. Will share when others are talked about. For now, geography, yes?
Sigurd
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sieg on Wed 21 Aug 2013, 10:41 am

Hand drawn first draft of the map. If you want anything changed, now's the time to say.

I can't do the political, and I can't add mountains or forests and age it for a 'Character Map' until I get more info.

Sieg
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Stereo on Wed 21 Aug 2013, 11:25 am

That is pretty slick. I can work off a few kingdoms from this now that there's a lay of the land.
Stereo
Board Representative
Board Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Wed 21 Aug 2013, 12:31 pm

That looks good, I can probably draw a weathered looking one...
Maybe add the mountains.
So, what now? Maybe describe the regions?
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sieg on Wed 21 Aug 2013, 12:37 pm

Kyrrwulf Paer wrote:That looks good, I can probably draw a weathered looking one...
Maybe add the mountains.
So, what now? Maybe describe the regions?
Aye. Give me some names, and tell me where the mountains, forests, big cities etc. should be, and I'll draw 'em on.
Sieg
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Wed 21 Aug 2013, 1:40 pm

LOOOOORE-Friendly map and my own ver. of your design

I'll set to work identifying regions of interest.
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Wed 21 Aug 2013, 1:47 pm

Also; feel free to download the map and edit it yourselves, add personal ideas and regions of interest.
http://sta.sh/download/6029073427648750/map_by_bloodtrailkiller-d6j43nu.xcf?token=091d2479f766ef4e67ab6440d2293cc7ab2ba08e&ts=1377107254
DL the .xcf file to edit with GIMP.
Not sure if other programs will work.
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Wed 21 Aug 2013, 2:34 pm

The Bigger the 'X', the bigger the thing

Pink Scribble : The Grim/Infected/Mutated
Pink 'X' : Mutator/Alchemist/Science&Magic Bastions
Purple 'X' : One-Castle, only castle to settle the ice-wastes; a forest grows on the island and on the shores outside it.
Cyan Scribble : Ice[Notable areas]
Green Scribble : Major Forested areas
Grey Scribble and Blue Lines : Mountain Chain [Might be more]
Blue 'X' : Major Mountain
Brown-gold Scribble : Arid Cliffs
Yellow Scribble : Desert
Red 'X' : Major Monster Zones
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stereo on Wed 21 Aug 2013, 2:56 pm

I find it difficult to distinguish between things on the map.
Stereo
Board Representative
Board Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top