Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

A Fallout Wars collab

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Fallout Wars collab

Post by Solvig Wikström on Thu 20 Jun 2013, 4:43 am

So, I was having a chat with BTK aka Wooden's Sorrow, I've done a Fallout RP before, but never considered, until now, the harsher colder enviroments of a nuclear winter. So I was thinking maybe this one should be based around Alaska and Russia, the nukes having evaporated the water turning into only a canal, splitting the two 'islands' and making their distances seem larger.

But to my point, I would like to know who may be up for making it more canon, I'm not sure if Russia would have any part of the main history of Fallout, I was thinking maybe instead of another faction war, perhaps its about time it was every man for themselves? Or maybe the need for humanity to finally come together and 'tame' the lands they once owned.

So yeah, I would like to have a cold, harsh enviroment of a world for this RP, right now we just focus on the base idea, working our ways up, if any is interested, the more the merrier.
Solvig Wikström
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Re: A Fallout Wars collab

Post by Guest on Thu 20 Jun 2013, 9:14 am

I think it has been assumed that Russia was one of China's allies in the Fallout universe. Let's do that for the RP I guess. We also need some factions, like Communists. They could be leninist communists trying to take over Russia again and restore the Soviet Union. Then there's the Tsars that want to reestablish the old Russian empire. The ideals of the two factions clash often. This sounds like Metro 2033, but maybe Nazi's too? And of course there's the classic raider gangs that roam the surface and parts of the metro. We could make some other factions like humanitarians, tech cultists, etc. 

Also maybe in this altered history, an American invasion had happened like in China. So we can have R91 assault rifles and 10mm pistols and stuff. And since Russia was an ally of China that brings in Chinese assault rifles. And we could add our own Russian firearms I guess. Fallout has a 50's mindset so we could make a Kalash type firearm, and a automatic shotgun (Saiga), among others.

If we travel, we need vehicles though to make up for the vast distances between cities in Russia. Of course vehicles will be relatively rare. And we could get biofuels from all the little villages on the Steppes. These Steppe villagers will be related to the original villagers, since the USA wouldn't care to nuke every little village. Obviously not all the villages we find will be in one piece. Some will be under seige, others just burnt out husks, and still others nearly destroyed like the Cursed station on Metro 2033.

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:02 am

We tried coming up with something like this before, but based in Canada. The collab is still floating around, so check it out for some inspiration if you want.

Anyway, I say erase the big ole faction war. At this point, it's too cliche. Make it more survival based with lots of blizzards and radioactive hail storms. That's a piece of nature no one has mastered yet in a radioactive winter setting before so that sounds pretty cool.
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:51 am

It's not the main focus anyway. Just the background stuff more or less. Or one of the hazards to look out for. Humans like to band together into groups with similar ideals. People will kill for their ideals. It's archetypical yes, but history shows that happens a lot. I never said we'd be soldiers in said war. And those groups would be paranoid of outsiders. Lock up or shoot people for no good reason because of raving paranoia. It'd add a very real danger to the already powerful blizzards and falling temperatures alongside the roving bands of mutants and bandits.

I still like my village idea. It's not like they'd give you food and ammo for free.

Back to top Go down

Post by Solvig Wikström on Fri 21 Jun 2013, 11:35 am

Right then, no faction wars since it has been done to many times IMO, and I also agree with it being more survivalist styled, so yeah pretty much scavanging and survivalling. But now onto the story... its based in Russia, but how can we make it without messing with the history much, Russia has never really been mentioned in FO history as I know of.
Solvig Wikström
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Fri 21 Jun 2013, 2:55 pm

Perhaps the Russians were busy with the Allied powers, in Europe, and it was only towards the end of the war that the Russians were starting to come back.
And maybe Alaska was liberated and the Russians were kind of trading places with China. But then the nuclear bombs happened. Although, the Russians were right behind Vault-tec with their own company that built entire metros to counter nuclear devices. They would be cheaper in most aspects, though that would mean some were military focused. 
So, there would be some metros that turned into fortresses; while some would be absolutely ransacked while one or two would be successful underground and topside cities. 

We could use PMG to make custom weapons, or find them on Nexus for more custom models of weaponry since this would be in a different theater. 
Perhaps an emerging plot point would be the Americans coming over the now small canal dividing Alaska and Russia. Some would welcome the migrants while some would oppose them and even slaughter them. So the coast would be a hotly contested area with big wars and small skirmishes going about.
Though, the big wars and small skirmishes wouldn't last very long due to snap-second weather changes. With blizzards that have winds to tear flesh from bone and hail irradiated enough to burn through metal. I think it'd be nice to introduce new wildlife as well, such as wolves and birds that are carniverous hunters of the human race.
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sieg on Fri 21 Jun 2013, 3:06 pm

I am so up for this. We're getting a bit Metro-ey, but I'm okay with that. 

The Soviets (Russians/Chinese) were always a little more lax with Ethical rules on Experimentation, so we could have some crazy-ass mutant shit out there. Or even integrated with the population. Fallout has Ghouls naturally, but here we could have a lot more freaky stuff.
Sieg
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 21 Jun 2013, 4:18 pm

BTK it wouldn't be called a metro. A metro is a subway, public transportation. They'd be vaults or just simply bunkers. Just sayin. But metro tunnels might be connected to these vaults to hasten the evacuation process. Also if the hail was that hot, it'd melt and the water would turn into vapor. And I don't think wind rips your skin off. Hurricane/tornado force winds can shoot straw through trees, BUT WHY WOULD THERE BE A HURRICANE IN RUSSIA? THAT NEVER HAPPENS. The last time the land bridge was between Russia and Alaska was during the last ice age. Although the ocean level might be low enough now for small boats. But what incentive would the people have to cross? 

Heat is a type of radiation, yes, but left over radiation from bombs and fallout is a different kind of radiation. And rain/snow could be irradiated I think. But it'd just kill you through cell damage and cancer maybe, not via melting you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Fri 21 Jun 2013, 4:23 pm

This is Fallout, Hal. I'm not sure what else needs to be said other than that.
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 21 Jun 2013, 4:27 pm

That stuff doesn't happen in the lore to my knowledge. Plus the nuclear winter is over by say... Fallout 3. Just pockets of radiation everywhere and bad water. Oh and the mutants.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Fri 21 Jun 2013, 4:29 pm

There is no, if any, lore on Russia. The entirety of Fallout is focused on America, this is an entirely different continent.
We're just trying to incorporate it the best we can. If you think this has too many science flaws, then get out of Fallout entirely, you're in the wrong sector.
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 21 Jun 2013, 4:51 pm

Eh, most things in Fallout can be explained scientifically. It's just not within our technological ability for the most part. But the mutants and giant bugs aren't within that. Radiation just kills things in real life. Nothing more. Most tech in Fallout relies on nuclear fission, except for robots maybe, or guns, or lasers.  My point is, it's realistic except for some things. The damage and stuff that happens in the games is because of how the developers calibrated the damage system. And the graphical effects are just that, stuff to make the game nicer looking. It'd be boring without visible lasers and sonar shots. As for things like mini nukes, it'd be cool to make something that looks that. It just wouldn't be radioactive or make a mushroom cloud realistically. But they do ingame, so that's another thing. Again my point is that, fallout does have some realism involved, but there are exceptions as you pointed out. 

But let's not do this. It's kind of pointless. I was just pointing out the weather patterns are illogical. Not that Fallout was completely realistic. 

Anyway, I agree with Elenwae and Zeraht. Faction wars is kind of done, in like, EVERY story/rp. So maybe me suggesting that idea wasn't the best. Hard-core survival isn't really something we've done before. Only tried to do really. I could try and come up with some mutant ideas. 

So. Right. Limited ammo is an obvious one. Our characters should be affected by temperature and environmental hazards. And they should NEED to drink and eat. But we need a goal over just simply surviving though. Or else people will get bored faster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top