Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

Post-Apacolypse esque RP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post-Apacolypse esque RP

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Wed 20 Mar 2013, 10:26 pm

What I've been thinking, is that the RP just goes along as typical war scenario; though I'm not sure if I wanna use nuclear bombs; we'll collaborate on that if we can find an equally devastating weapon so we won't be all cliche
*hipsterglasses
So my idea is that we start several years, maybe hundreds, in the future past the initial apacolypse and vegetation IS common; green grass and trees and vines and all that good stuff. Though topside is relatively habitable, most are still relatively primitive and insane as per funsome. Underground is slightly better, though most are elitists or the like with plenty of laws that are cruelly punished. Though it's for the "best of the colony" in most cases since the tunnels are inhabited by feral creatures, from over aggressive ants to ocolonies of spiders.
Spiders won't be the typical large and lone-wolf spiders, but more social and team-working colonies; they'll still be about 25% larger than a common spider, think ALIENS(c) face-hugger size. Ants would also be a LITTLE bit larger, to accomodate the fact they would need to be abit larger to survive this harsh area; thicker exos and larger teeth for flesh eatins. There would be zambie-esque creatures, though most not due to radiation and more due to starvation and insanity. They would be able to recognize eachother and restrain from attacking eachother, working together as would the barest intelligence would allow and grant them a slight edge with some smarter zambies leading the packs.
Guns and stuff would be rather limited and very treasured, as armory and weapon stores or caches would be targeted by bombings as well as other stuff; jsut to make things interesting. Ammuntion would be scavenged or made, by more lucky or wealthier colonies and the most reliable and effective weapon would be a semi-auto; though they would be EXTREMELY rare. Full autos would be relatively common; though very prone to jamming or self-destruction; making them uncommon for guards or sensible people. I wouldn't want alot of people running around with AK's or M16's; break the fun in the survival sense.
Ahb, tired now so.. collaborate and stuff...kinda really want this to happen
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Re: Post-Apacolypse esque RP

Post by Vero on Wed 20 Mar 2013, 10:32 pm

Well, I was thinking if we could get the zombie role-play going along, it would turn into that.

I mean, infected have to die out sometime when the humans become scarce.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

http://freesource.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wehrmacht Cat on Wed 20 Mar 2013, 10:44 pm

mutant man-eating shielded caterpillars
Wehrmacht Cat
Forumer
Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Thu 21 Mar 2013, 12:10 am

Verodxynesis wrote:Well, I was thinking if we could get the zombie role-play going along, it would turn into that.

I mean, infected have to die out sometime when the humans become scarce.
I was kinda of thinking that the zeds would be more fanatic and cannibalistic humans, their teeth few but sharp and their bodies more honed towards scavenging and hunting. They'd be scrawny and near to the bone, plus they'd only be in the underground tunnels.
Also, to make things more broader; I was thinking of a tunnel linking Boston to somewhere in Spain: to have something to work for too.
Both USA and Europe would be unaware either got hit, the tunnel would be a massive thing and rather unsteady with some floodins; though maintenance tunnels and v ents would allow people to get past
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Thu 21 Mar 2013, 12:55 pm

I like this. Adds a lot of survival instinct missing from most post-apocalyptic rps.
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 21 Mar 2013, 2:09 pm

Zombie apocalypse wouldn't last very long. I mean think about it, the brain has to be destroyed to kill a traditional zombie. After a few months their brains would rot and they'd die. Plus human resistance. Whether it be survivors or military/law enforcement remnants.

Anyways.... This RP idea is a good one. I'd join it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Thu 21 Mar 2013, 5:16 pm

Bloodtrailkiller wrote:the tunnel would be a massive thing and rather unsteady with some floodins; though maintenance tunnels and v ents would allow people to get past

I don't think that would be possible if the tunnel began flooding. Those would only serve as temporary solutions. You're talking about the Atlantic Ocean flooding the cave, not some simple lake or large pond.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Thu 21 Mar 2013, 7:10 pm

Yeeeeah u_u"
Was just trying to add something interesting.
We could just do a boring one land area, but really.... in post apacolyptic RP's, you almost NEVER travel between continents, plus it'd give more reason to be underground: where I want the bulk of the RP to take place.
Afterwords, that's when freeroaming sets in and establishing new colonies or finding new problems to solve or such...
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wehrmacht Cat on Thu 21 Mar 2013, 9:14 pm

the atlantic ocean is very deep

digging sufficiently enough underneath it is likely going to roast anyone trying to travel through
Wehrmacht Cat
Forumer
Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Thu 21 Mar 2013, 10:31 pm

Magic of technology~
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Thu 21 Mar 2013, 10:34 pm

Bloodtrailkiller wrote:Magic of technology~

Beo, it's just to unethical and not exactly realistic. Perhaps a land bridge formed between North America, Greenland, Iceland, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and then mainland Europe may be possible. But that would take at least a century or two.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Thu 21 Mar 2013, 10:40 pm

Suigh, aleright...
Well, then we need to figure out some other anomaly that will draw the charas into some interesting plot.
I'm intending for the year to be 2030-2040, any objections to it?
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Thu 21 Mar 2013, 10:46 pm

The apocalypse scenario your asking for would probably require at least seven decades to a century to recover enough to your description of the land.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Fri 22 Mar 2013, 1:28 am

I hadn't planned on using nuclear bombs as a WMD, though something on a similar level. Cutting the amount of time for vegetation to begin setting back in to about 2-4 decades.
So I was thinking of a more chemical war; a sudden breakthrough in military technology that was made on accident. The chemical would turn the chemicals that regulate our life-spans into hyperactive ones; making people age much faster; it'd kill off the bulk of the populace, for instance, the oldest people around were 20-30 years old: and even then, they were hyper-aged to be 60-80 years old.
The chemical could easily be a product of accident if someone was trying to create a chemical but then a certain element caused an inverse reaction .
Basically, I want this to not be percisely a nuclear post-apoc, but an actual war or somethin.
And perhaps the RP can take place in 2100 though the incident occuring in 2020-2040: if you guys dislike the chem-war as well.
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Fri 22 Mar 2013, 1:43 am

2100 sounds sufficient.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Wed 03 Apr 2013, 12:58 am

Sooo, anything else you guys want to add?
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Wed 03 Apr 2013, 1:19 am

Still preferring current zambie RP, but this looks good.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Wed 03 Apr 2013, 1:51 am

Aleright, I'll cook something up...
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down