Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

Under the Red Flag

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Under the Red Flag

Post by Keval on Mon 17 Dec 2012, 9:12 pm

Heavily edited to support the victory of Axis forces.

In the year 1944, the famous Invasion of Normandy took place. The Allies on D-Day were victorious and were soon able to gain control of western France and opened a "Second Front". The Reich was forced to retreat and hold themselves within their own Axis countries and so The Allies and Comintern nations marched into Germany and destroyed every last remnant of bastards, but that's a storybook ending, ain't it? Some slight happening of the Butterfly Effect occurred and the war against Poland for Danzig never happened. Instead, Germany focused on the west. The Dutch and Belgians never stood a chance as German forces blitzkrieged their way in to form a longer front against France. The Soviet Union never joined the Allies. The Russo-Japanese War would never take place either. Axis forces were allowed to focus on the African, Indian, and Western fronts. The Japanese never attacked Pearl Harbor and instead helped with the war in India. The United States, coming straight out of the Great Depression stayed out of the war until 1944. In the year 1944, the infamous Invasion of Normandy took place. The Allies on the French Beaches were met with the first operational fighter jet the world had seen. The Messerschmidt ME 262. Many believe that if Hitler had put the ME 262 into service, that the German forces on Normandy would've been able to repel the Allied offensive. The 262 dominated the skies over the English Channel and pushed the Allies back without the great consequences that would be brought by the liberation of France. With the help of Vichy France and the other Axis powers, Germany pushed Allied forces out of Italy. The last front for the Allies being their home countries and British India. Japanese, Persian, and Siamese troops defeated the Iraqi and British defensive in India, sending broken spirits back to England. At that point, 3/4 of the world was under Axis control. The merciless Nazis kept on pushing and under blackened skies launched a U-Boat operation to hit New York, Boston, London, and Dover with nuclear missiles. The major cities were obliterated. President Eisenhower was forced to surrender and so were the British, as well as the rest of the Western Allies. Thousands joined the Reich, such as Soviet Russia, others ended themselves and others continued life a new. We, made the Resistance. There are thousands who live these lives, but no more. The rest of us refused to give up our home just like that. Take up arms. Lady Liberty ain't going to free itself.

Current Year: 1950

CS!

Name:
Physical Appearance:
Clothing:
Weapons:
Items:
Faction:
Other:

Last edited by Keval on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Re: Under the Red Flag

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Mon 17 Dec 2012, 10:01 pm

You said missles, but I thought those weren't made until well later...
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 17 Dec 2012, 10:56 pm

The Germans had missiles in real life. V2 and V1. But legit ICBMs came in the sixties I want to say. In 1956 submarines first had ballistic missiles. They weren't ICBMs I think.

The Germans knew how to make nukes. But they didn't get around to doing it, because the materials needed couldn't get to Germany. Because sabotage, bombings, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Tue 18 Dec 2012, 6:40 pm

And that's why it's an alternate timeline rp. Anyway, is it good, or does it need more work?
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 18 Dec 2012, 7:43 pm

Yeah. In the years between 1945, and the date of invasion they could've easily made a U-Boat large enough to hold nuclear missiles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Tue 18 Dec 2012, 7:46 pm

Are you guys willing to join?
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Tue 18 Dec 2012, 8:42 pm

du shrug...
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 18 Dec 2012, 8:53 pm

(Du shrug usually means no.)

I would join

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Wed 19 Dec 2012, 5:12 pm

Well, there goes that.
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Thu 20 Dec 2012, 1:02 pm

Aircraft had indirect missiles that were used to destroy tanks and enemy positions. The British used them during the Battle of the Bulge, and the Americans used them during Iwo Jima. They were basically like sidewinders, minus the heatseeking and all the technological hoohah we got going around today.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

http://freesource.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 20 Dec 2012, 2:29 pm

Knight Dog wrote:The Germans had missiles in real life. V2 and V1. But legit ICBMs came in the sixties I want to say.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aggregate_(rocket_family)

Keval wrote:And that's why it's an alternate timeline rp. Anyway, is it good, or does it need more work?

Axis forces were split between three fronts, and had been losing ground on all of them, by the time D-Day occurred. Unless Germany's leadership decided against Operation Barbarossa (therefore leaving Russia out of the war), it's unlikely that Germany would be able to fend off the D-Day invasion while at the same time assisting in the defense of Italy and halting the Soviet advance. Assuming no Eastern Front, maybe Germany would've made a second attempt at gaining air superiority over the English Channel in 1942 with their Messerschmitt 262s?

Last edited by Aumnivers on Thu 20 Dec 2012, 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed a spelling error.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Thu 20 Dec 2012, 5:32 pm

Alright, thanks. I guess Operation Barbarossa never took place and instead Poland was split between Germany and Soviet Russia.
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 20 Dec 2012, 5:52 pm

Three fronts? Uh. Africa, Italy, and Russia? I was under the impression that Africa was done and over with by the invasion of Italy.

Personally I would've crushed Britain back in 1941 BEFORE attacking Russia. It's eaisier to defend a place when your enemy has no pre-existing foot-hold there. Then Germany would've only needed to worry about Russia. US bombers wouldn't have the range to hit Germany.

I mean, we could probably send a fleet over. But that would probably be unwise considering that Japan was attacking us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 20 Dec 2012, 7:03 pm

Knight Dog wrote:Three fronts? Uh. Africa, Italy, and Russia? I was under the impression that Africa was done and over with by the invasion of Italy.

The English Channel is considered a part of the Western Front.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Sun 23 Dec 2012, 4:56 pm

There were only two recognized fronts by the Allies after Africa fell. The allies considered Italy a part of the Western front. The eastern front was for Russia.

If you want a strategic viewpoint and role-play, you would have to restudy everything that went on in the war before coming to a decisive conclusion on how to make this/
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

http://freesource.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:32 pm

Edited the main storyline a lot. Tell me what you guys think.
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top