Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

derpderpdunderp

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: derpderpdunderp

Post by Guest on Mon 24 Dec 2012, 7:51 pm

They're still an obstacle. infantry have a hard time taking them on when you factor in machine guns, mines, and barbed wire. And if you pair that with AT weapons, even tanks will take loses. SAMs kill high flying aircraft. Radar controlled cannons shred low flyers or helicopters.

Only thing that can hurt this is stealth aircraft which cost ALOT OF MONEY or artillery. Flanking would work if applicable. Not really anything else you can do.

In the case of arty you could have underground bunkers. Of course this takes time I realize. But what if the defenses were started before the war? In that case, the enemy you decided to attack could have had years to make these defenses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Mon 24 Dec 2012, 7:55 pm

Halo, this was supposed to start as a amphibious assault. I'm going to type something up on Banyan trees and their defense in the plot. Search up the tree if you would like to know what they are.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

http://freesource.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 24 Dec 2012, 8:10 pm

Alright..... Yeah you said it was supposed to be an RP. I guess that means character based. I just got off-topic and yeah..

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Mon 24 Dec 2012, 8:12 pm

It's alright. And when I get home tomorrow, I'm posting something on Banyan trees from my iPad that I typed up. I made a modern section for DtHaBA in the library.

Anyhow, corrupt Darkona that has been militarized and attacked coalition countries, who ask for international help. That is the plot so far.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Wed 26 Dec 2012, 9:28 pm

2040, AC

Darkona, still under isolationism, is overtaken by one of the Lord's Chief of Staff. Vladimir Consech, a frequent traveller to foreign countries to learn new tactics to adapt to Darkonian tactics, sees Darkona as a goldmine for militarism to create a new empire. In a coup, the Lord and Lady are murdered, and Darkona is put under his control. With the military backing him, he began stamping out resistance in Darkona. The main resistance came from Darkona's III Corps, nicknamed 'The Iron Corps' for their bravery in battle, and possibly some of Darkona's best soldiers after proving themselves in the Darkonian Civil War against Separatists and ultimately turning the tide of the war into the Loyalists' favor. They would retreat to Coalition countries, before assembling on Darkona's few island colonies, Kezeth. With resistance stamped out, Consech began systematically annexing coalition countries, who pleaded for international aide to stop the onslaught. Darkonian soldiers went as far as to murder innocent civilians, which would authorize international retaliation. Within five days of the pleading, an alliance was formed and one of the biggest navies in the world was assembled, called 'The Federal Naval Alliance'. With a standing army of nearly two million, they were composed of soldiers from around the world. Kezeth would become the staging ground, where the Darkonian III Corps had overthrown corrupt Darkonian dictators and established it as a standing democracy, declaring independence from Darkona. While the bulk of the navy engaged the well-equipped and armed Darkonian Navy, troop transports began landing troops on the shores, which were lined with titanium-strong Banyan forests that were death mazes. The beaches were as followed.

Koth Beach - Heavy Resistance - Darkonian Separatists Assault
Anchor Beach - Mediocre Resistance - Ilver Assault
Ghorak Beach - Mediocre Resistance - Eddessian Assault
Tathum Beach - Heavy Resistance - Assorted countries Assault

Character Sheet:
Name:
Nationality: (i.e Country hailing from)
Physical Appearance:
Armor/Clothing Appearance:
Weapons:
Equipment:
Extra: (Lack of Biography because side RP. Plus many may die.)
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Wed 26 Dec 2012, 9:31 pm

Can we do this from both a Commander's view point and a soldier's?
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Wed 26 Dec 2012, 9:32 pm

Yes.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Back to top Go down