Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

Historic War RP

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Historic War RP

Post by Keval on Sat 12 May 2012, 6:32 pm

Vietnam. The godforsaken hell-hole that claimed the lives of over 3,000,000 young soldiers and civilians alike. Well, not yet. The U.S has just joined the war effort against the Communist forces in Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia. As the U.S enters the war, thousands of young American men enlisted with the Army, Marines, Navy, and Air Force. Don't get it wrong, may foresaw the bloodshed and brutality, and even resolved to burning draft cards and moving to Canada. Unknown to brave who enlisted, the war would be one of the bloodiest of the decade, claiming the lives of more than 10% of the U.S Forces.

I improved it a bit, I was thinking we could do a sort of prologue, and make a debriefing scene on a C-97.
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Sat 12 May 2012, 6:57 pm

Vietnam.

The godforsaken hell-hole that will claim the lives of over 3,000,000 young soldiers and civilians alike. The U.S has just sided with the South Vietnamese in the war effort against the Communist forces of Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia. As the U.S enters the war, thousands of young American men enlist or are drafted into the Army, Marines, Navy, and Air Force. Don't get it wrong, may foresaw the bloodshed and brutality, and even resolved to burning draft cards and moving to Canada. Unknown to brave who enlisted or were drafted, the war would be one of the bloodiest of the decade, claiming the lives of more than 10% of the U.S Forces.

The rumored Tet Offensive to be started by the North Vietnamese on a Vietnamese holiday has been batted aside by the U.S. Command. The Marine base of Khe Sanh has reported multiple sightings of Viet Cong and North Vietnamese troops, and Westmoreland merely restrengthens the base. However, he has no clue that a whole unit is about to be under siege by over ten thousand North Vietnamese and Viet Cong soldiers.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

http://freesource.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Sat 12 May 2012, 7:00 pm

Househead wrote:Vietnam.

The godforsaken hell-hole that will claim the lives of over 3,000,000 young soldiers and civilians alike. The U.S has just sided with the South Vietnamese in the war effort against the Communist forces of Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia. As the U.S enters the war, thousands of young American men enlist or are drafted into the Army, Marines, Navy, and Air Force. Don't get it wrong, may foresaw the bloodshed and brutality, and even resolved to burning draft cards and moving to Canada. Unknown to brave who enlisted or were drafted, the war would be one of the bloodiest of the decade, claiming the lives of more than 10% of the U.S Forces.

The rumored Tet Offensive to be started by the North Vietnamese on a Vietnamese holiday has been batted aside by the U.S. Command. The Marine base of Khe Sanh has reported multiple sightings of Viet Cong and North Vietnamese troops, and Westmoreland merely restrengthens the base. However, he has no clue that a whole unit is about to be under siege by over ten thousand North Vietnamese and Viet Cong soldiers.

I like that. A lot.
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 12 May 2012, 8:02 pm

Househead wrote:Tet Offensive. Well, it'd be a long Role-Play. The only fear I have is that half of us will quit before it even reaches mid-point.

Something I just thought of. Does it have to be a war rp? Could we possibly do one that's less WARWARWARWAR or/and 'YOU ARE SOLDIER/LEADER DO GOOD'?
'
'

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Sat 12 May 2012, 8:05 pm

Sir Trebon Gratius wrote:
Househead wrote:Tet Offensive. Well, it'd be a long Role-Play. The only fear I have is that half of us will quit before it even reaches mid-point.

Something I just thought of. Does it have to be a war rp? Could we possibly do one that's less WARWARWARWAR or/and 'YOU ARE SOLDIER/LEADER DO GOOD'?
'
'

Well, this one will be.

But, I do have an idea for another.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 12 May 2012, 8:13 pm

Nearly all of our RP's are war, and that aren't didn't get many posts. Now our war RP's are dead before they're done. This is obviously saying something. We're bored. A recent conversation with Beowulf/bloodtrailkiller made me start thinking about this if your wondering. I agree with what he said >__>.

Last edited by Sir Trebon Gratius on Sat 12 May 2012, 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Sat 12 May 2012, 8:14 pm

Well jeez, thanks for waking up.

Or did you get bored of your games?
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 12 May 2012, 8:14 pm

Eh... A little bit of both.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Sat 12 May 2012, 8:17 pm

There is actually a different reason.

We never allow character development. We just have our characters running around half the time fighting, then the other half is sleeping, which is time skipped.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 12 May 2012, 8:24 pm

Hm. In the conversation im having with Blood, he just brought that point up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Sat 12 May 2012, 8:28 pm

Tell him I want to strangle his words.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 12 May 2012, 8:45 pm

Kk, he's mad at me for posting that.

>__>

Sheesh.. It's not like I posted his deepest darkest secrets.

Supposedly I hurt his trust. Honestly, If I was him I wouldn't give a single fuck about this.

Last edited by Sir Trebon Gratius on Sat 12 May 2012, 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Sat 12 May 2012, 8:47 pm

Well I posted my idea.

If you want, I can expand on it.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Sat 26 May 2012, 12:18 pm

Vietnam.

The godforsaken hell-hole that will claim the lives of over 3,000,000 young soldiers and civilians alike. The U.S has just sided with the South Vietnamese in the war effort against the Communist forces of Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia. As the U.S enters the war, thousands of young American men enlist or are drafted into the Army, Marines, Navy, and Air Force. Don't get it wrong, many foresaw the bloodshed and brutality, and even resolved to burning draft cards and moving to Canada. Unknown to the brave who enlisted or were drafted, the war would be one of the bloodiest of the decade, claiming the lives of more than 10% of the U.S Forces.

CS:
"When called, you will reply with 'Present, Sergeant Major.' And shut the fuck up for the rest of the ride. Once we arrive at Khe Sanh, you are to report to your respective commanding officers. They will explain from there." The red-headed Sergeant Major walked down the aisle of the C-97, calling names. You glance around at the other G.I's, who simply reply the look. "Alright, [Insert Name Here]?" You reply with "Present, Sergeant Major." and he nods at you. As he finishes the list, he turns to you all. "Welcome to hell on Earth, Marines."

The ramp of the C-97 opens and you stare into a USMC Base. Khe Sanh. Walking to your CO, you meet your teammates. "How old is you, [Insert Gender]?" You reply with "[Insert Age]" and he continues walking. You walk into the CO's office and look into a mirror. It's been a long time since you've seen yourself, what do you look like? [Insert Appearance] The Captain's tag reads "LEWIS". "Welcome to Khe Sanh Marines." He hands out your papers. "You're free to roam the camp until orders are issued." With that, he leads you out of the room.

How's that?

Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Sat 26 May 2012, 2:56 pm

Very good.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Sat 26 May 2012, 2:59 pm

I think we're done here.
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Sat 26 May 2012, 3:00 pm

You should add a part to the CS where you go to the armory and select your weapons.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval on Sat 26 May 2012, 3:01 pm

Yeah, I'll do it when I post the rp, coming soon.
Keval
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top