Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

First Interplanatary War (repost)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: First Interplanatary War (repost)

Post by Guest on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 12:35 am

Idk, Mars-like I guess with a little terraforming here and there. Liquid water, livable temprature, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 12:36 am

Hm. So, should I get some weapons for NAF?
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

http://freesource.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stereo on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 12:36 am

Uhuh....

I'd say that each side would have it's own 'unique' militaristic advantage.

Such as infantry droppable from orbit. (Lol ODSTs. xD)

Or... Space Gunships, etc.

Something that sets one side from the other. (Not just tanks, weapons, uniforms, etc.)
Stereo
Board Representative
Board Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 12:38 am

Ubane Stormblade wrote:Hm. So, should I get some weapons for NAF?

Sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 12:39 am

Give me 5-8 minutes.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 12:51 am

AK-47

FAD

AK-74u

Type 95

RPG-7

Dragunov

PM-9

Skorpion

PKP Pecheneg

P99
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 2:02 am

.___> tbh; I expected ballistics to have evolved at least slightly in 100+ years...
I mean; it's a hundred years!
I would expect ghillie suits to be restricted to the newer recruits or rebels at most. Invisibility or at least gecko camoflauge is what I'd expect. I'd assume most, if not all, weaponry of now would be long gone. Maybe archtypes with similar builds but not exact replica's... This is my take on the collaboration[ and I feel I'm utterly ruining it]...
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 11:48 am

I think it'd be alotz of work to make a whole armory of new weapons IMO. Plus, I'll rename the guns anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 7:08 pm

Beowulf wrote:.___> tbh; I expected ballistics to have evolved at least slightly in 100+ years...
I mean; it's a hundred years!
I would expect ghillie suits to be restricted to the newer recruits or rebels at most. Invisibility or at least gecko camoflauge is what I'd expect. I'd assume most, if not all, weaponry of now would be long gone. Maybe archtypes with similar builds but not exact replica's... This is my take on the collaboration[ and I feel I'm utterly ruining it]...

Also, I don't think they'd NEED to evolve ballistics. They are just fine how they are now. Why fix it, if it's not broken? I only expect sniper rifles, and rocket launchers to have evolved new ammunition. If they improved the power of regular small arms, bullets may be overly powerful. Imgine if you fired it in a city? There would be damage to things you don't intend to hit. Example: You fire at an enemy soldier and round goes right through into the next building and hits a civillian.

They might make shredder rounds, that shatter when hitting targets, causing high tissue damage. But of course, this would be ineffective against armored soldiers. Regular armor piercing rounds from today would still do the job imo.

Anyway, go back to collaborating. I don't feel like arguing over this. If anyone has something to say, please PM me about it.

Gecko or Invisibility is a good idea though. That will be included in the RP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 7:46 pm

I admit; I spoke irrationally purely because it irked me so.
But I believe ballistics would have evolved to the point of different weapon systems other than ours at the moment. I'm not saying that it evolved for no reason other than shits and giggles for some gun nut; I'm saying they'd have evolved with the systems dealing with the Mars colonization. Look at Red Faction; their weapons are what I see when I read the original post.
I imagine more rectangular and geometric weapons with a compact design and a sleek look to it. I'd be more than willing to try and make some or find some
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 8:57 pm

Im not using guns like the AK-47 and M-16. If I use pictures of real guns, they will be bull-pup fire arms (magazine and round ejection area behind trigger) or MG's. I'll think of using Red Faction and Halo weapons too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 9:10 pm

QBZ-95/Type 95 (i think we could use this)

The BR55 from halo.

M7/ Caseless SMG

M392 Designated Marksmen Rifle

UAR-42 Ultor Assault Rifle

USP-16

MK/SG-1 Defender Precision Rifle

Last edited by The General on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Vero on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 9:14 pm

The General wrote:

QBZ-95/Type 95 (i think we could use this)

The BR55 from halo.

M7/ Caseless SMG

Already posted Type 95.
Vero
Board Founder
Board Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 9:24 pm

Oh. Anyways, I added some more. The P99 pistol and PKP will definately be used alongside the type 95.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 9:58 pm

Better pic of the UAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 10:28 pm

M6D

M45 Tactical Shotgun

SRS99AM

Grenade launcher

M6 Grindel/Galilean Nonlinear Rifle (W/AV M6 G/GNR) or Spartan laser.

Javelin

AT4

M41

Last edited by The General on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Stereo on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 10:31 pm

SPARTENA LASOR
Stereo
Board Representative
Board Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 10:47 pm

I think we got enough guns. For the UEG that is. Just need some pistols and SMGs.

NAF got some. We got a pistol, assault rifle, and a LMG. SMG is needed atm Neutral. They also need some AT weapons. We should make up the AT weapons though. I don't think an RPG would fit in this RP imo. I was going to use the QBB-97, but I think the PKP would fit the LMG role better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 03 May 2012, 6:32 pm

I think im going to re-do the backstory. It's unfavorable at the moment. Atleast in my horrible opinion.

What I got in mind is that in the near future (2015, 2020, something really close to that) ultranationalists take over Russia in a sort of Civil War. Peacekeeping forces from the UN are sent but are forced to pull out of Russia. NATO and US forces are put on high alert. They are put on DEFCON 3.

In addition a ultranationalist party in China, the Chinese Liberation Front or NCLF stages a coup, at first failing, but a second succeeded. A civil war breaks out. Some elements of the Chinese military are CLF, however. They take over China and ally with the new Soviet Union.

The Russian blitz into Belarus, Kazahkstan, Georgia, and other post Soviet Bloc countries. They quickly crush resistance, before NATO and the US can act.

In addition, South American countries, Central American countries, and some neutral countries in Europe panic and contact the USA and NATO to create a new alliance to prepare the West for Eastern attacks. Some Democratic African nations also join in. Other African nations join the China-Russian alliance, in fear for their safety.

The Chinese invade surrounding countries. Russian airborne units support Chinese forces. Nepal, Bangladesh, Mongolia, Korea, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar, and Vietnam fall with in weeks. India joins the alliance, rather than risk destruction. Iran also joins. Israeli and American forces are deployed to Iraq to act as a defense. Jordan and Syria join the Western alliance. Egypt follows. Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and Oman also join, along with other Minor middle eastern nations.

The US fifth fleet is deployed to Japan among other American navy assets. USA coastal defenses and national guard units prepare for a possible Eastern attack in the future. US and Canadian forces deploy to Australia and the Phillipines. Meanwhile Kyrgystan, and Tajikstan fall to Russian forces. Indian and Chinese forces move into Afghanistan and Pakistan. Russian forces move into Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan. A detachment of Iranian forces join in on Turkmenistan.

Allied forces are put on DEFCON 2. Israeli, and US forces fortify the Iraq-Iran border. Loyal Iraqi forces bolster the defensive line. NATO prepares for the inevetible attack.

The Eastern nations clean up resistance in the Asian countries they invaded. They begin to regroup army units. The West continues defensive operations. They try a few attacks into Eastern territory, but they don't go usually go far. Special forces attack behind enemy lines to stall Eastern attack. Missile defense units are put into place.

Eastern forces pull their things together. They simultaneously attack Europe, Philipines, Middle East, and Indonesia. The allied forces plant their feet and try to hold back enemy forces. The Eastern forces break through in a few spots, however. NATO forces are forced to fall back into Germany, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Italy, Austria, and Croatia from the Eastern countries.

Last edited by Sir Trebon Gratius on Thu 03 May 2012, 11:09 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Wehrmacht Cat on Thu 03 May 2012, 10:39 pm

I thought the U.S. would support the nationalists, mostly so they could get rid of the Communists.
Wehrmacht Cat
Forumer
Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 03 May 2012, 10:52 pm

The Ultranationalists are Communists. The original government was on good terms with the U.S. Oh and the Chinese group is communist too. They simply saw the chinese government as corrupt and obsolete.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wehrmacht Cat on Thu 03 May 2012, 10:54 pm

So, Communists overthrow other Communists...?
Wehrmacht Cat
Forumer
Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 03 May 2012, 11:02 pm

Yes, I might need to rethink this. That doesn't make much sense when you say it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 04 May 2012, 10:32 pm

Western alliance: International Defense of the Free States - IDFS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 08 May 2012, 12:21 pm

Eastern forces break through in Iraq. Israeli and US troops retreat into Syria, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia. Saudi, Syrian, and Jordian forces meet up with them. East forces break into Saudi Arabia, and Jordan. Meanwhile in Europe things aren't going so well. Russian troops rush into East Germany, and Croatia.

A Russian amphibious assault unexpectedly hits Southern France. French troops immediately mobilize to fight the new threat. In addition, the Chinese attack US forces in the Pacific. To make up for the war, the US reinstates the draft, in the first time in years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top