Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

FIRST DRAFT The World As It Will Be - Glassy Eyed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FIRST DRAFT The World As It Will Be - Glassy Eyed

Post by Sieg on Sun 30 Oct 2011, 8:54 pm

These Glassy Eyed Automatons... going about their Daily Lives without so much a pause for thought... I'm the only Conscious Human in a World of Sheep...
==========================================================
Fifteen Years since they started with the chipping, Fifteen Years since everyone became nothing more than Cattle during the Day. At night you can hear them cry, crying for what they have lost, crying for what they could have been. But a few of us slipped through the Net. A few of us lie in the shadows, watching, working, plotting, planning, waiting, ever vigilant. Firearms no longer exist, so all we can do is gain small victories through subterfuge and computer technology. An Armed, Revolutionary Putsch is what we would have done in years gone by, but now, we simply wait below the surface, and claw back up through the net to drag more through it.
The Year is 2028. Fifteen Years ago they began to implant Microchips beneath the skin of Newborn Children and still-living Children, Teens and Adults under the age of 70. There were unexpected consequences. The Microchips were used for Control. During the day, everyone became Glassy-Eyed, slaves in their own bodies, doomed to watch and scream silently within themselves as their bodies were commandeered for work and labour, and unable to have any say in the matter. Children went to school silent and glassy-eyed as legion, sat as one and answered as one as the Teacher read lines in the drab monotone of a Robot. Workers stood in single-file lines on buses, in perfect order, filed into their cubicles in perfect order, and worked in unison. It was only at night they were allowed their bodies back, and all they could do was cry silently. The world was running as Clockwork. No war, just a sick real life Simulation Game.

But a few slipped through the Net, and took up root beneath the ground, building up Shelters and fearing the day the Enforcers would come beneath ground and wipe them out. Firearms were no longer produced, and the Government destroyed all they found, so those that could be salvaged were treasured, locked away only for use when the Enforcers came. Revolution was slow, and silent. A few would go above ground every day for a few hours, and bring back those they found before they were discovered by the Silent Watchers.
The Two Sides

The Government - The Government are the only people whose chips do not affect their Day-to-Day Lives, powerful, elusive people who control everything on the surface, and surrounded by permanently Glassy-Eyed and Deadly Bodyguards, who fight in suits of Powered Armour that gives them the ability to punch through solid steel.

The Free - The Free are those who slipped through the net, who weren't chipped, or those who were freed from the Chip by those already Free. They don't fight, they just run and hide, winning their battles through subterfuge and silent takeover. They live underground, their lack of a Chip making them vulnerable above ground.
This is designed as a Break from the typical Action RPs that we see so often. A thinking game where brawn will get you nothing, and brains can get you the world.
GOVERNMENT POWERED ARMOUR

XOS001 Powered Exoskeleton "Hephaestus Scout Armour"

Light, Mobile Powered Armour, the most commonly seen on the Streets and in the Tunnel Hunts beneath ground.

Trojan Shadow Armour "Poseidon Assault Suit"

Powerful, Militaristic Powered Armour seen commonly in the Tunnel Hunts and backing up the Hephaestus Scout Armour.

UGOA MWS A1 "Zeus Takedown Exoskeleton"

Top Tier Exoskeletal Powered Armour deployed to take down Priority Targets such as Free with Confirmed Weapons Systems or Powered Armour, and on assaults on Free Cities.

LE MBSR-1 "Frozen Hades Superiority Rig"/KHI EMBS Type J-2A Juggernaut ADV "Hades Superiority Rig"

Fearsome Top-Tier Battle Suits standing at a towering 2.58 Metres with a devastating armoury, the former powered by unstable but powerful Dual Nuclear Fusion Cores, and the latter powered by the weaker, but still powerful and relatively stable Dual 385KW H-779 Powercell. Unlike other Exoskeletons, it comes with it's own weaponry, namely;
4x FGM-409 Lance back pack mounted modular multipurpose programmable missiles
1x Steadygun hardpoint (usually for M-421D Medium Machine Gun)
1x GSD Grenade dispenser for KHG F-3 fragmentation grenades and KHG S-7W smoke grenades
2x 6 barrel S-Type grenade launchers (usually all 6 Smoke but are aslo avabile canister top down grenades)
The Hades Superiority Rig boasts bottom layers of composite ceramic and Steel alloy thickness, with additional layers Kevlar and ceramic modular plates. The Frozen Hades replaces this with Titanium Alloy Plates, with Kevlar Underweaving and Ballistic Padding. The Hades comes standard with; - FLIR telescopic mast ideal for targeting and scanning for best situational awareness
- ECM and IED jammer antenna
- integrated NVG and remote view eye sensors
- Data link HAMMER-6
Although the NVG and Remote View Eye Sensors in the Hades are changed to a full HUD with Polarised Lenses and a Blindingly Powerful Spotlight in the Frozen Hades, and the Data Link is changed to a direct uplink to the Governmental Systems.
A fearsome and Rare suit of Powered Armour, the Hades and Frozen Hades Superiority Rigs are only deployed in dire circumstances.

CITIES

Calais - Directly Connected to Dover. Free City goes by the name of 'Channel' and is built in the Channel Tunnel, which was deepened and widened in the late 2010's - early 2020's. It is a very linear City, and is practically an over-sized Train Station. Free City has two Weapons due to being a 'shared' City. Free City Weapon is a PGM 338. It is accessed by the Tunnel Station in Calais.

Dover - Directly Connected to Calais. Free City goes by the name of 'Channel' and is built in the Channel Tunnel, which was deepened and widened in the late 2010's - early 2020's. It is a very linear City, and is practically an over-sized Train Station. Free City has two Weapons due to being a 'shared' City. Free City Weapon is an L86 LSW. It is accessed by the Tunnel Station near Dover.

Berlin - Free City goes by the name of 'Deutsch'. Free City Weapon is a Heckler and Koch MP7. Free City is built beneath the site of the Former Kroll Opera House, and is a rather wide-open, flat city. It is accessed by the Sewers, and by hidden hatches around the former Opera House site.

Venice - Free City goes by the name of 'Pope'. Free City Weapon is a Benelli M4 Super 90. Free City is built in the now drained and filled-over canals of Venice, and is maze-like and complex. It is accessed by the Sewers.

Madrid - Free City goes by the name of 'Sol'. Free City Weapon is a Star Firestar M-40. Free City is built beneath the Catedral de la Almudena, and is rather vertical. It is accessed by passages in the Cathedral.

Last edited by Wolfie on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sieg
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Re: FIRST DRAFT The World As It Will Be - Glassy Eyed

Post by Stereo on Sun 30 Oct 2011, 8:59 pm

INSTANT INTRIGUE.

I demand to know more to the story...

Or is the Rp a whole... Free roam type?
Stereo
Board Representative
Board Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sieg on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 8:15 pm

Added some More Stuff, and Yes, it is Free-Roam, although you must be careful where you roam.
Sieg
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Stereo on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 8:46 pm

So, will there be any general story, such as the government trying to crush the frees, or vice versa?
Stereo
Board Representative
Board Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sieg on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:09 pm

Very Happy wrote:So, will there be any general story, such as the government trying to crush the frees, or vice versa?
Yep. Government trying to Wipe Them Out, the Frees have to Free others and bring the Government down by Sabotage, Subterfuge, and gentle, conspirational matters. It's more a Da Vinci Code than a Call of Duty. The Five Free City Weapons are the only Firearms in the RP except for those mounted to the Top-Tier Powered Armour, and only have 1 magazine, and are only to be used in serious matters of defence of City.
Sieg
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Stereo on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:20 pm

I see. So the UN did it. /joke.

Anyway, so what would spark the government to try a campaign, or a conspiracy, to wipe out the Frees? What would they do to be sought after?
Stereo
Board Representative
Board Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sieg on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:37 pm

Very Happy wrote:I see. So the UN did it. /joke.

Anyway, so what would spark the government to try a campaign, or a conspiracy, to wipe out the Frees? What would they do to be sought after?
They already are. Every month they send Soldiers into the Tunnels to hunt down the Frees. The only reason they haven't been found yet is because the Frees can't be tracked due to no Microchips, and they're very good at concealing things.
Sieg
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Karmiz on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:54 pm

Reminds me of RAGE.
Karmiz
Forumer
Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Stereo on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 10:41 pm

Kay, kewl story Karmiz. Are you gonna contribute, or just say random stuff and not contribute? :l

Yes, I know. But, if people without a microchip weren't as numerous as people with, or military strength, why would they send troops? They'd be an insect under the rug, unless they did something...

Like say firebombing government buildings. :l
Stereo
Board Representative
Board Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazran on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:09 pm

The Frees are rebels. They would pose a threat because they're trying to throw down the power base of the government.
Kazran
Forumer
Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sieg on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:11 pm

Nevermore wrote:The Frees are rebels. They would pose a threat because they're trying to throw down the power base of the government.
Exactly. Also, the Frees have the only remaining man-portable weapons, even if there are only Five, so they are very dangerous.
Sieg
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Stereo on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:22 pm

Ahhhh... I see.

But where will the rebels start?
Stereo
Board Representative
Board Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sieg on Wed 02 Nov 2011, 8:16 am

Very Happy wrote:Ahhhh... I see.

But where will the rebels start?
In one of the Free Cities I listed above. Channel, Deutsch, Pope or Sol.
Sieg
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Goat on Wed 02 Nov 2011, 5:18 pm

Hm... interesting.

So, it's only firearms that were destroyed? And at that, do the exoskeletons have any weaknesses?

And, could I see the CS, if you had one made.
Goat
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sieg on Wed 02 Nov 2011, 5:48 pm

CapricouslyCasey wrote:Hm... interesting.

So, it's only firearms that were destroyed? And at that, do the exoskeletons have any weaknesses?

And, could I see the CS, if you had one made.
Firearms and things made for Combat such as Knives and Grenades.
Exoskeletons are largely powered armour, except for the Hephaestus, which uses physics alone to create the strength and speed boosting effects it does. So they can be knocked out by EMPs and Power Surges.

Currently Finished CSes:
The Free
Name:
City:
Appearance:
Clothing:
Items: (No Weapons beyond improvised Melee and Throwing.)
Skills and Training:
Bio:

Sieg
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Stereo on Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:08 pm

I probably could've worded my last question a bit more than intended.

I meant to say, when the RP starts, where will it start? Like just people introducing themselves in their prospective cities?

Even then, what conditions do the Free live in? As I'm sure Governments live in the upper class area.
Stereo
Board Representative
Board Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sieg on Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:15 pm

The Free live in whatever conditions they can make for themselves. The Government do indeed live in Upper-Class Areas, and they partially justify their actions by pointing out that there are no longer Lower-Class Areas or Homeless/Joblessness because everybody is chipped and working perfectly average, normal lives.

And yes, either that or I'll start it all off with a raid on a Free meeting, where they have to all flee back to their Cities.
Sieg
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Stereo on Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:17 pm

I see.

But how would that introduce some of the other Governements. As I plan on not being a soldier type person.

(Maybe my character just comes along cuz he can...)
Stereo
Board Representative
Board Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top