Free Forum
To access all the features provided by this forum, please log in or register an account.

Something I bet you've never fucking heard before...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Something I bet you've never fucking heard before...

Post by Stereo on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 9:13 pm

Alrighty. Basically, 1911. A large hole forms in, what would be, Alaska, and people begin exploring it. It This hole then branches off into three large tunnels, two dim and dark, the other bright and leading to a town. This town is called Aver.

A year later, it is open to the public, and people explore the caves and tunnels. People begin discovering treasure, and claiming it for themselves. Days later, they a brutally murdered.

Another year later, people begin sighting monsters. Skeletons, Zombies, Gargoyles, the things of fantasy!

The town of Aver begins whipping it's tech and defences up. They generally wear armor made of palladium, and use swords with a 'capability'.

A capability is something like a power, such as it is on fire, it emenates ice and instantly causes frost bite, and etc.

Well, you're an adventurer from either the top world of 1913, or of the not quite as advanced, but still advanced town of Aver, where you'll battle monsters, and loot treausre!

We may collaborate on this! Certaintly creative, nuo?
Stereo
Board Representative
Board Representative

Back to top Go down

Re: Something I bet you've never fucking heard before...

Post by Goat on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 9:28 pm

OYUSWECANS.
Goat
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 9:47 pm

OHHELLYUHS
but I ish braindead so no ideas u__U"
Bloodtrailkiller
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Karmiz on Tue 23 Aug 2011, 12:35 pm

MIEN CRAFTEH?
Karmiz
Forumer
Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Stereo on Tue 23 Aug 2011, 7:29 pm

Well, the whole RP is, more or less, a giant adventure. Something like Pen and Paper DnD, adventure wise, not gameplay wise.

The players can choose between five people!

Avers- With the spirit of adventure in their hearts, these men and women explore the caverns the inhabit in search of adventure, while getting some free loot in the process...

Bakts- Bakts beleive their tunnels are holy, and kill people on sight. Treasure is holy, and theives are executed. They have a ZEAL against the Avers, but fear not go to war. The dislike people from up above, and dislike the Avers even more.

Aver Favoured- Aver Favoured are people from above who are generally well liked. They are all welcomed into the gates of Aver, and allowed to browse the wares, and purchase weapons armor, but are restricted to bring it above the surface.

Up Topers- People from above the tunnels. They use hunting rifles and revolvers to solve their problems. These people are little to none in knowledge of the tunnels. However, their guns punch through palladium weak points (Neck, Elbows, Wrists, joints minues the heels and hips.). These people have modern technologies though. Flares, flaslights, and canned food!

Toper Military- These people are generally very unexpeirenced with traversing the tunnels, and die quickly without any form of guide. They bring military-grade bolt actions, grenades, poisonous gas cans (which have no affect on Aver Knights or Bakt Footmen!), and semi-automatic pistols.
Stereo
Board Representative
Board Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Goat on Tue 23 Aug 2011, 7:36 pm

Sweet.
Goat
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazran on Tue 23 Aug 2011, 7:38 pm

Continue...
Kazran
Forumer
Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Stereo on Tue 23 Aug 2011, 7:50 pm

So, I was thinking this could be very open adventure-type game. Puzzles, traps, monsters, and loot. Here, the player assumes either of the five roles, and heads to Aver, or Kor (Home of the Bakt.). Then, they go to their first adventure.

Although I don't beleive in the God concept too much, it is needed to come up with new adventures, bounties, and quests. So I'll assume it, and find someone creative enough to give the player a fine challenge. But, the person replacing me while I'm gone is to make it FAIR. Not splashing the adventurers with three dozen monsters, unless something like Tunnel Rats, which have a natural dislike to light. Something stronger like tunnel orcs are expected to be scaled to the players. So say 7 players. 8 to 10 tunnel orcs would be fine.

But we need a combat system. So I'll let someone take care of that... Or I'll do it worst case scenario.

Anyway! I plan for it to be random! And not reach a point where it drizzles off and dies!
Stereo
Board Representative
Board Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazran on Tue 23 Aug 2011, 7:56 pm

MAGIC and COMBAT:
Combat- Turn based, in which you may do one of the following actions:
Guard- Raise your defense and heal yourself by 1/4 your MAX hp (Rounded up to the nearest whole number, so for instance, 1/4 of 10 would be 3 HP) This will 1/2 your opponent's attack (round to the nearest whole number)
Normal Attack (NRML ATTK)- Normal attack with your weapon, dependant on your level is the dependant of how strong you attack is. Level 1 your strongest will be 5 dmg, level 2 your strongest will be 8 dmg, and so on so forth, always adding 1/4 of the previous level's max. The amount of DMG will be determined by a random number generator with parameters set between your lowest and highest. (Lowest amount of attack is always 1/4 your strongest attack) Certain weapons can modify this, but usually only by 1 or 2 + any higher and it will have a Downside, which will be explained in the weapon's description.
Run- This is self explanatory, you can't run if your engaged in a BOSS BATTLE.
Dodge- This prepares your character to dodge an attack, the attack from your opponent loses anywhere between 1/4-4/4 of the opponents attack, again it is determined by a RNG.
Use Magic: Explained below.
MAGIC- Takes turns to charge it up and cast it. The weakest attack magic takes 1 turn to charge and 1 turn to cast, so it would take 2 turns for the magic to take effect. Healing Magic takes 1 turn to cast and may be used on yourself or one of your allies.
SPCL ATTK- Special attack, usually in the form of a combo, takes CHARGES which are built up by NRML ATTKs. Using them takes 1 turn to charge and 1 or more turns (Depending on the strength) to take effect.
USE ITEM- Uses one of your ITEMS in your INVENTORY.
-
Your opponent may also use CNTR ATTKS, which are again determined by a random number generator, they have one NRML ATTK's power and the opponent takes no DMG at all if it is successful.
-
LVLING UP- You gain experince each time you fight a monster and WIN. Your EXP gained is determined by your Opponents LVL times 2, divided by the amount of turns it takes to defeat the opponent. You never lose more then What your opponent's LVL is. It takes about 10 times the amount of your LVL to LVL UP. When you LVL UP your health goes up by 1/2 of your previous LVL's MAX HEALTH and all HEALTH is refilled.
-
ITEMS: The ITEM list isn't very long and is broken down into 3 sections, HLTH ITEMS, CMBAT ITEMS, and SPCL ITEMS.
-
HLTH ITEMS-
Basic Revive- revives 1/4 of your CURRENT health, takes 1 turn to use.
Revive- Revives 1/2 of your CURRENT health, takes 1 turn to use.
Adv. Revive- Revives 1/2 of your MAX health, takes 1 turn to use.
RESURRECT- Brings to life one fallen member with 1/2 of their MAX Health, cannot be used on self, takes one turn to use. MAX 3
-
CMBAT ITEMS-
Weapons- Self Explained.
Armour- Self explained.
POSION- Deals DMG that is the EQP'd weapons plus 5. For 1-5 turns it deals extra DMG as well, usually 1-3 DMG, dependant on your LVL.
-
SPCL ITEMS-
FIRE BOMB- Throws a bomb of fire that deals 5 DMG, and has a 1/10 chance to cause 5 BURN DMG which lasts for 5 turns, this chance is reduced to 0 if the creature is FIRE BASED. If the creature is WATER BASED, the chance of it burning will go up to 1/2. WATER BOMB- Throws a bomb of water that deals 5 DMG, and has a 1/10 chance of causing 5 COLD DMG and freezing them in place for 5 turns. If the creature is FIRE BASED, then the chance is increased to 1/2, if it is Water Based, it will be reduced to 0.
EARTH BOMB- Throws a bomb of earth which when it hits it causes 5 DMG and has a 1/10 chance of causing 5 PSN damage, and lowers the opponent's ATK by 1/2 for 5 turns. Chance goes up to 1/2 if the opponent is AIR based, and 0
if the opponent is EARTH based.
AIR BOMB- Throws a bomb of air which cuases 5 DMG and has a 1/10 chance of stunning and freezing an opponent for 5 turns. If they are earth based, this chance jumps up to 1/2, and if they are air based, 0.
The creature DESCRIPTION will include said things.

Works bro?
Kazran
Forumer
Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Stereo on Tue 23 Aug 2011, 7:59 pm

Recycling from Combat Before the Eyes of God? Or whatever it was called.

Anyway! We have that...

Now... We need rules!

1: Follow the rules.
Stereo
Board Representative
Board Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazran on Tue 23 Aug 2011, 8:49 pm

Very Happy wrote:Recycling from Combat Before the Eyes of God? Or whatever it was called.

Anyway! We have that...

Now... We need rules!

Actually, the CMBTSYS is from another RP I made, a long time ago.
Kazran
Forumer
Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Stereo on Wed 24 Aug 2011, 12:33 am

Still recycling, good good.

2: Assume the role of your character. Are you a sword wielding fighter not afraid of anything? Good. Be that person. Don't whimper out at the sight of zombies.

3: I make the adventures and puzzles and etc up. I will find a replacement to follow up on me if I cannot carry an adventure. I am god. I can kill you if you start being a dick.

4: You're not SUPER-HUMAN, you're just above average. You can't throw people fifty feet away with a simple punch. You're above average. You can punch someone and shatter their jaw.
Stereo
Board Representative
Board Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazran on Wed 24 Aug 2011, 3:56 pm

Recycling is good for the Earth <3
Kazran
Forumer
Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Stereo on Wed 24 Aug 2011, 8:20 pm

We still need things, it feels just a bit empty... Stats maybe?
Stereo
Board Representative
Board Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Wehrmacht Cat on Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:10 pm

Very Happy wrote:We still need things, it feels just a bit empty... Stats maybe?

Keep them stats simple.

Or else is too hard to remember.

And why is my name red?
Wehrmacht Cat
Forumer
Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Stereo on Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:36 pm

Eh, who cares?

The stats won't be TOO complicated.

Like...

Strength- Adds one point of damage per point took in.
Intellegance- Adds a point to literacy, and general Tunnel knowledge, the more put into Int, the more you know about the tunnels.
Agility- Increases chance for a trap to miss you by reaction, and makes you swifter on your feet.
Charisma- Makes you endure more, and increases hit points by 3 per point put in.
Wisdom- Makes traps and puzzle easier to understand.
Dexterity- How nimble you are, the more in, the nimbler you get, making it harder to hit you. Makes Dodge more effective by .5%

Roughly made, can be edited.
Stereo
Board Representative
Board Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Wehrmacht Cat on Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:54 pm

Strength becomes relatively useless late into the RP.

I wonder, why are there so many RPs with a combat system and stats?
Wehrmacht Cat
Forumer
Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Stereo on Wed 24 Aug 2011, 11:59 pm

^

I don't catch what you mean.

Most have CS, and rules. No health, no damage. Just, "Oh hell, you shot me. I'll shoot you one more time before I die."

When you hit zero with a health system, it makes you cautious. You think more, "Will this trap kill me if I fuck it up? Or will it deactivate?" Or, "Does this lever open the door? Or drop the floor beneath us?"

It makes it volatile.

But most have CS, Rules, and GLHF.
Stereo
Board Representative
Board Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top